Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Miami, fl
    Posts
    223

    Flow Tested my 50lbs injectors and something is wrong

    I just flow tested and cleaned my injector on a Lucas Flowbench and they seem to be flowing fine. The problem is that at 70psi on the machine the three injector completely get locked, no fuel comes out. These are the riva ones (Rochester Type disc). To make sure I grabed another rochester with smaller flow and they did not locked all the way to 90psi. This might be my leaning problems, even at iddle.

    Any thoughts? Should 50lbs injectors lock at 70psi (That low?)
    Hec


  2. #2
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecyan View Post

    Any thoughts? Should 50lbs injectors lock at 70psi (That low?)
    Hec
    I have run 74 psi on my 50 lb injectors and never had that problem.

  3. #3
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by Hecyan View Post
    I just flow tested and cleaned my injector on a Lucas Flowbench and they seem to be flowing fine. The problem is that at 70psi on the machine the three injector completely get locked, no fuel comes out. These are the riva ones (Rochester Type disc). To make sure I grabed another rochester with smaller flow and they did not locked all the way to 90psi. This might be my leaning problems, even at iddle.

    Any thoughts? Should 50lbs injectors lock at 70psi (That low?)
    Hec
    Hec,

    I'm running a base pressure of 52 with 15 pounds of boost with Riva 50# injectors.. 52+15= 67#'s.. so I'm right below 70 pounds and I'm working just fine. Intrested to hear more..

    Alex

  4. #4
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    Hey Alex using your math I calculated that I run at 73.5 psi through my 50lb injectors. 60lbs base + 13.5lbs boost.

  5. #5
    REID2168's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    My House
    Posts
    8,156
    +1
    241
    guys it doesnt work like that.............what u are forgetting first off is that 50# injectors will handle approx 12# psi charger alone with no extra help with a stock 58# psi fuel pressure regulator............so now when u add a 15# psi charger u are ONLY ADDING 3# extra boost psi to the system that the injector will need help fueling........therefore if u have the regulator set at 60# psi when it rise rates according to extra 3# lbs of boost over what the injectors can handle alone then it only goes to approx 63# psi because u actually only added 3# additional psi to the system! TRUST ME! also these are generic numbers but relatively close due to the flow capacity of a 50# injector and what approx boost psi max it can handle alone with a stock 58# fuel pressure regulator!

  6. #6
    Ride Hard! aha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Covina, Ca
    Posts
    2,009
    +1
    11
    Great info Steve! Thanks! I am still trying to learn all this

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Gonzales, La
    Posts
    2,145
    +1
    9
    That's pretty common on disc type injectors. When vortech first started selling SC kits for the LT1 cars, they were blowing up left and right because the FMU jacked the fuel pressure way up under boost and the injectors locked up. The first thing you had to do was put in a set of Ford/SVO stock size injectors (pintle type).

    However, Reid is right, you have to look at the differential pressure when seeing if they will lock up during normal use. 74 psi fuel pressure minus 20 psi boost is only 54 psi dP, so it's fine. It's when you run pressure over 100 psi that it becomes a real problem.

  8. #8
    Site Admin Green Hulk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Morgan City, LA
    Posts
    36,398
    +1
    2,524
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    guys it doesnt work like that
    I'm glad i was able to teach you something Gun

  9. #9
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by REID2168 View Post
    guys it doesnt work like that.............what u are forgetting first off is that 50# injectors will handle approx 12# psi charger alone with no extra help with a stock 58# psi fuel pressure regulator............so now when u add a 15# psi charger u are ONLY ADDING 3# extra boost psi to the system that the injector will need help fueling........therefore if u have the regulator set at 60# psi when it rise rates according to extra 3# lbs of boost over what the injectors can handle alone then it only goes to approx 63# psi because u actually only added 3# additional psi to the system! TRUST ME! also these are generic numbers but relatively close due to the flow capacity of a 50# injector and what approx boost psi max it can handle alone with a stock 58# fuel pressure regulator!
    Maybe I did not understand this correctly. Are you saying that with you base pressure set @ 60lbs and 15lbs boost your fuel pressure will only rise to 63#s? If so, I disagree! IT WILL BE 75# fuel pressure at full boost! You would need to set your base pressure @ 48lbs to max @63!

  10. #10
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by Green Hulk View Post
    I'm glad i was able to teach you something Gun
    Sounds just like you.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. so pulled my impller off and this is what i found 250x, updated
    By 98gsxl951 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 04-27-2011, 08:10 AM
  2. Removed my Thermostat today and this is what I observed
    By friscoboater in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2010, 08:44 AM
  3. X-Charger, 50lbs Injectors and fuel needs?
    By River Rat Jay in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-19-2010, 11:22 AM
  4. tested my ragged shoe and cut grate
    By txgp1300r in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-16-2006, 04:41 PM
  5. Got past my break in and this is what I got!
    By Water4fire in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-20-2005, 07:22 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •