View Poll Results: Have you over stuffed with level one mods and aftermarket grate?

Voters
31. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, and I drilled the holes

1 3.23%
  • Yes, but I didn't drill the holes

2 6.45%
  • No over stuff, I drilled the holes

11 35.48%
  • No over stuff, I didn't drill the holes

17 54.84%
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Overstuff up to date info

I've read the sicky a couple times, but it seems like it kind of just faded.

Was wondering now that people have had some setups on for awhile what the over stuff rate is with level one style mods and aftermarket intake grate.

Are people not having issues in the 73- 75 mph range (basically level one) with aftermarket grates?

Has anyone with a level one including aftermarket grate been thrown?

Are you guys with aftermaret grates drilling the holes?

+1
    I've got a level one-ish RXP-X, low to mid 70s depending on weight & weather, etc. Never experienced the overstuff, but I run stock nozzle. I wonder how many occurances of pump stuffing happen with the reduced nozzles?

I've been thinking of dropping the nozzle a bit, but would like to get a handle on the stuffing issue first. The pump extension sounds great, and looks like an good way to put in a pressure release. The expense is a bit too much for me at this time, however.

+1
    I have had experience on two different P-X's. The first one I ran with the rotax 8800 ECU, stock SC, Riva Gen1 IC, open loop plate, 87mm nozzle, and an R&D grate with holes. That ski I reached 80.5mph with no overstuff.
    The second X I ran had an ET 68-140SC, Riva ECU, stock IC, 83mm nozzle, Riva grate with holes driilled. I did not get to finish dialing this ski in yet becasue I blew a head gasket. My best to date was 80.2 mph with no overstuff.
    I have spoken to Speedfreaks and I agree with him in saying that most of the overstuff was being caused by the modified stock grate. He told me that all the P-X's he sets up with a stage 1 he does not drill holes.
    Both X's I have mentioned will be getting a pump extension with some sort of pressure relief. I think anything over 80 and you are pushing your luck.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by beachbum0286 View Post
    I have had experience on two different P-X's. The first one I ran with the rotax 8800 ECU, stock SC, Riva Gen1 IC, open loop plate, 87mm nozzle, and an R&D grate with holes. That ski I reached 80.5mph with no overstuff.
    The second X I ran had an ET 68-140SC, Riva ECU, stock IC, 83mm nozzle, Riva grate with holes driilled. I did not get to finish dialing this ski in yet becasue I blew a head gasket. My best to date was 80.2 mph with no overstuff.
    I have spoken to Speedfreaks and I agree with him in saying that most of the overstuff was being caused by the modified stock grate. He told me that all the P-X's he sets up with a stage 1 he does not drill holes.
    Both X's I have mentioned will be getting a pump extension with some sort of pressure relief. I think anything over 80 and you are pushing your luck.
    +1

Run 80.4, and no overstuff issue.

By acknowledging this speed and the absence of overstuffing, I do NOT encourage others.

+1
    Can I assume the RXT-X is NOT having an overstuff issue. I have seen a couple on here posting speeds in the neighborhood of 80 mph. Haven't heard any negatives yet.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by SeaGoat View Post
    Can I assume the RXT-X is NOT having an overstuff issue. I have seen a couple on here posting speeds in the neighborhood of 80 mph. Haven't heard any negatives yet.

Seagoat, I have not heard of any issue on T-X. same setup as 07 RXT and earlier and cant say i have heard of over stuffing on that hull.

Maybe someone esle will chime in that nows differently.

+1
    Thanks skoepp. I don't know the differences between the P-X and T-X tunnels & pumps. Thought they were the same. Does the hull length effect the tunnel pressures?

+1
    2 things come to mind with over stuffing. 1. The attitude of the ski and the trim level. 2. If you have good bottom end hookup it limits the water that you can processed at top end and closes off the tunnel.

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jawz View Post
    2 things come to mind with over stuffing. 1. The attitude of the ski and the trim level. 2. If you have good bottom end hookup it limits the water that you can processed at top end and closes off the tunnel.

Ziggy, I was wondering the same thing about the smaller nozzle. There is another thread right now about Riva stage 2 and the delay of official release due to over stuffing.

In Riva's stage one they include the smaller nozzle, so I'm wondering if that means they felt it was not a problem?

For the guys going 80+... be safe! What RPMS are you running at those speeds?

Jawz- care to elaborate a little on the bottom end hook up and "attitude of the ski"?

I read about the nose of the boat being too high with Jim's open loop plate, causing the tunnel angle to be just right for over stuff conditions.

I'm most curious about the P-X that has level one style mods and prop grate combo. Does prop come into play?? It seems the stock modded grate was an issue.

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information