How to sell a jet ski?

I'm selling my first jet ski and have some questions I was hoping to get answered.

How do you record the number of hours on the title? It only gives the option for 5 or 6 digit odometers and miles.

I never received a title for the trailer, do I just remove the plate after selling it?

I specified local pick up only, however I have received offers both from people inside and outside of the country looking to have someone pick it up on their behalf and transport it elsewhere. Is this normal? How do you deal with signing the title if the actual buyer isn't there?

Are test drives typical? If so, how do you handle it to make sure you aren't liable for injuries/damages/theft, etc?

Anything else to be concerned with as far as making sure everything is legit? thanks in advance.

Banned User
    Welcome to the forum..

First off, don't let anyone ride your ski unless your holding the money in your hand.. It's to easy for someone to crash your ski and walk away otherwise (you want to ride it, put the cash in my hand..If you come back safe and don't want it, I'll give you your money back)

I'm not sure on the trailer, in Florida we have titles on our trailers.

I would just fit in the hours the best you can.

If I were you, I wouldn't care who picks it up as long as you've been paid..After that it's all done, sign the title and hand it over.

Alex
    Quote Originally Posted by rrange View Post
    I'm selling my first jet ski and have some questions I was hoping to get answered.

How do you record the number of hours on the title? It only gives the option for 5 or 6 digit odometers and miles.

I never received a title for the trailer, do I just remove the plate after selling it?

I specified local pick up only, however I have received offers both from people inside and outside of the country looking to have someone pick it up on their behalf and transport it elsewhere. Is this normal? How do you deal with signing the title if the actual buyer isn't there?

Are test drives typical? If so, how do you handle it to make sure you aren't liable for injuries/damages/theft, etc?

Anything else to be concerned with as far as making sure everything is legit? thanks in advance.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rrange View Post

Dont worry about the hours. You will probably just need to write a bill of sale for the trailer.
    As far as out of the country sales be very careful a there are alot of scams going aound. People say things like ( I will have my broker pick it up) or (I will send you a cashiers check for more money than you are asking and would like you to return the difference)
    If it sounds to good it probably is. Good luck!

thanks for the advice, that pretty much covers it for me.

Thread Information