re-valving, porting, and boring the R-12x

All these threads talk about performance. But i have not been able to find anything on serious motor upgrades. And i am talking heavy upgrades. Reworking the entire valve train and head assembly. I have the tools and facilities to work on my motor. And i can find the knowledge but what i am getting at is has anyone done anything near what i am mentioning. I mean, from what i have been reading, our motor is dam near the civic, or other honda bikes. So if they have a huge market on aftermarket bigger valves/springs/ and pistons, why cant they be worked into our motor. I feel like it shouldn't be that impossible. What i am really looking for is to maximize our underused honda motor and really optimise its performace. I am going to do a lot of researching this winter and see what i can find. If anyone has any experience in this field, it would be awsome to give your 2 cents.

Thanks guys, looking forward to the feedback.

+1
    Look up Nitroshark ... he has done more work on the Honda PWC motors than anyone ... period. He has many posts on here and I think on PWC TOday too ... use the Search button for posts by him.

Just FYI, if you are hoping to use the best parts and info out there to make the Honda a top speed contender, you may want to do some research first. The Honda hull, intake, etc make it a very difficult uphill battle to generate speeds similar to the GPRs and RXPs, even with very heavy engine mods.
    Last edited by Vern; 11-12-2008 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fixed

I build Horsepower
    +1
    I've done it all from heads,OS valves,cams,turbos,over bore blocks, pistons,intercoolers fuel injection systems, ECU and all dyno tested. All work done at my shop.

Adding 75hp is easy to get to 72-75mph on a R12x but to get more top speed you have to look at the Hull for any further returns on value. But I still have a few things to try, which so far are showing milestone results. I'm still hopefull there is more for less.

Shawn

NV 05
    Well now that just about sums up that thread huh?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NV 05 View Post
    Well now that just about sums up that thread huh?

Engine wise....yes. The R12X hull in stock form is an entirely different matter.

I build Horsepower
    +1
    True for the R12x Hull.......

Right now I'm working on the F12x hull to take it in an entirely new direction.. 71 MPH 4 years ago was not a problem with HP.

Now it looks like hull/pump work is where i need to be. I've bought parts to do an bolt on kit and it's looking like people will follow as they did before.

Set the pace and history repeats itself. My work is proven by the efforts of copy cats...

It could be December before I go out again to water test, I have already finished the release of the product. Email for a price and early delivery.

The F15x Kit has been out since Honda started delivery. That ECU update is available now. ($1635 fully programmable PWC ECU)

Shawn

First I've heard that Nitro has a ECU for the f-15x at a $1635 price point. You really, really need a website.

Thread Information