Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    >----GO FAST--->

Arrow SL SLT SLX 92-98 interchangable parts ?

Hey Green Hulk

I own a 1994 SL750 and I am currently in the process of doing some performance tweaks on it. I'm just curious in what parts are interchangeable on it from previous and later Polaris models. Impellers, motor mods, ride plates? anything really....

+1
    Welcome to the Hulk..

Many parts are interchangeable between years. Grates all years. Ride plates most two seaters will fit.

She likes the bike. But the ski gets her wet!!!! xlint89's Avatar
    +1
    Welcome to the Hulk Carnage.

Pretty much avoid anything previous to your 94 as that year and newer had better designs.

Alot of parts interchange between the 650, 750, and 780's.

What are you looking into modding? Engine, ride, top speed, or accel?

>----GO FAST--->
    I'm thinking ride plate, intake grate, 3" custom bar risers, maybe trying to pitch my impeller. reed's, some nice SLX780 carbs would be sweet too

+1
    Many choices depending on what you're looking for. Top speed or acceleration. You really can't get both.

What type of water do you NORMALLY run in? Choppy or smooth

Ride plate: SLX for top speed or Ocean Pro for handling

Intake grate: stock or open grate for top speed or a R&D, LCP, Solas for choppy

Handle bars have only UMI or Vilder steering. Other than that, you need to modify your stocker. Then you have MFD pad fitting issues.

Trying to pitch your impeller for what? Speed or accel? What impeller do you have presently?

Reeds are good: V Force ($275 on Ebay) Boyesen ($80 or $120 depending on style) and Carbon Tech ($150)

SLX carbs are identical to what you have already with the exception of different jets. It's the Ocean Pro Flame Arrestors that add performance.

Please do some more research before you buy anything. Hate to see you waste $$$ for nothing.

>----GO FAST--->
    I'm mostly ride on choppy water, but i wanna go fast

Thx for the input bro, much appreciated

>----GO FAST--->
    I got a stock impeller, what do you think i should do for achieving best speed at reasonable steering with this project. I'm listening.......

+1
    The SL (2 seater) isn't a great rough water ride. With it's flatter bottom, it likes to skip across waves rather than cut through them.

So the first thing I would do is hull mods. They are a bit cheaper and don't require rejetting/tuning the carbs.

I'd go with the Ocean Pro ride plate (quicker planing and better handling) or the SLX (best top speed)

R&D intake grate for a 650, not the 750 version. This will help keep the ski planted in the water.

SERIOUSLY consider sponsons for that ski. SLT (3 seater) work great IMO. These will help reduce porpoising and make it more stable.

For top speed, the Nujet impeller is supposed to be the best. For you, a 5.0 or 5.5 impeller would work depending on how modified you're engine is.

Also look into the aftermarket Flame Arrestors like the OP vortex, Tau Ceti, or K&N's. Keep in mind that you WILL need to adjust carbs for engine (and sometimes impeller) changes.

As the engine characteristics change, so do the fuel requirements. These engines don't like to starve for fuel at all. With that being said, make sure you upgrade your fuel system for reliability's sake.

Most of these parts I listed are on Ebay currently at GREAT prices if you are looking now.

I've got an OP ride plate I'll sell if you're interested.

>----GO FAST--->
    I definitely noticed that the shells are very flat bottom on these skis....I'm gonna go with an Ocean Pro Ride plate, I'll prob ended up using No intake grate, as for my impeller I'll have to look into that when i get there. My motor mods are gonna nothing more then v-force reed's and and some sparks arrestors. The orignal eng in this showing great comp when I tested it last time.....As for fuel delivery, I'll clean out the crabs, sincronize them, and maybe replace my fuel pump diapharms if they show significant wear....I'll also set it up with some a good set of sponons....

I'll post pic's threw-out the winter.

Thanks again bro

+1
    Make sure you use an intake grate of some sort. They also prevent debris from getting into the jet pump and causing a major problem. Stay with the stock one if you aren't going aftermarket.

As for the OP plate, I have one for sale.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information