Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    +1

Angry How America REALLY works ... or does not!

Since this is not political or related to a particular company I wanted to keep it separate, but still express my opinion on what is really going on in America from my perspective. Feel free to agree or disagree ...

The way America really works – it REALLY IS all about the money

Executives at public companies request larger and larger salaries. Since the companies are public, it requires the shareholders’ approval, and who represents the shareholders? The Board of Directors of course … ‘elected’ by shareholders right? Well not really, actually, the Board is mostly appointed by the EXECUTIVES … hmmm. And what types of people are on Corporate Boards? Well the Executives of other companies of course! … I mean, who else would REALLY understand what it takes to run a company, and how much Executives should make? So … we have the same class of very wealthy people all ‘governing themselves’ since the Boards and Executives are effectively made up of the exact same people (the EXECUTIVES of Company A serve on the Boards of Company B, C, D, etc). See why gigantic salaries and bonuses are common? See why executive compensation continues to rise to insane levels?

Who do you think is picked to be on Boards, and why? What do you think Board members are expected to DO anyway?? Actually fight the Executives and hold the company accountable?? Hell no! That is NOT how it works, and these folks all know the game and how it is played. These people all support each other and reward each other outrageously … so, this is why EXECUTIVE compensation is out of control. Do the ‘little shareholders’ (regular folks who own some common stock) actually have any control over any corporation, including the one they work at? Of course not … zero control or input. Do you know how Board members are compensated?? They don't exactly donate their time , try making $15,000 - $50,000 or more for attending 4 meetings a year. Yeah ... do the math, get on a few Boards and you have a very nice second income.

How about our government? Don’t they pass laws to protect 'little people’ too? Well, not really … Since Boards and Executives control all the money, they are also the people who decide what to contribute to politicians. So, who will the politicians tend to favor with legislation they pass? Well, they sure don’t want to bite the hand that literally feeds them campaign contributions so they can keep their powerful positions. And forget the party rhetoric … its all about the money to get elected, and where that money comes from. Oh but we live in a democracy and can vote right? That is what they want you to think, that you ‘have a voice’ … come on … what percentage of Americans would like the opportunity to vote for someone who is not necessarily a Democrat or Republican? 75 – 90% would be my guess, but it does not matter since we don’t really have that choice, do we? Wanna know why? Because the people with the money only contribute to one of those two parties … so, who exactly has ‘choices’?? Who exactly is running things, letting the little people think they have choices or some measure of control? The same group … who has all the money and influence. Come on … since we can basically only vote Democrat or Republican, does that not demonstrate that our ‘choice’ is only a sham?

Get the picture? Still think we can influence this? Its locked up and the ‘Average Joe’ cannot even get close enough to fog the window … Hate to say this, but all the blogs in the world don’t effect change … look at all the books that are written, some are downright amazing and scarily accurate, but still there is no change. Money insulates and isolates … and also is incredibly effective at keeping the money and power where it is.

I gotta admit, in the last 10 years I have seen shocking changes to corporate america ... there is zero concern for employees, and absolutely insane amounts of greed. If I had to sum up in one word what seems to be wrong with American today, our corporations and our government, for me that word would be:

G R E E D.

OK Gordon GECKO......Jk point well takin.

Nice post. However, this thread WILL turn political and ugly, like it or not...

Na Not Hear .... This is a waverunner fourm Ok it may....

Quote Originally Posted by icerat4 View Post
    Na Not Hear .... This is a waverunner fourm Ok it may....
    Maybe since I said that it won't. No replies so far...

I like money. (free post)

+1
    Well it is a good thing that we have unbiased news outlets to report these types of things to us oh yeah they rely on revenue from advertising who advertises with them oh yeah those same companines mentioned above so do we really have freedom of the press

I will let you all decide this, I am on winter hiatus

I have a question thats probably has nothing to do with the topic, so here goes:

I noticed that next July minimum wage is going to be $7.25 an hour. Whats minumum wage going to be in like 5 years? I am not that well educated, so are things going to continue to keep going up and up in price?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by GPRGASM View Post
    I have a question thats probably has nothing to do with the topic, so here goes:

I noticed that next July minimum wage is going to be $7.25 an hour. Whats minumum wage going to be in like 5 years? I am not that well educated, so are things going to continue to keep going up and up in price?
    If the minumum wage goes to $10 an hour in 5 years, then a family of 3 would still have to have the mom and dad working full time to support the family, and maybe save a little to put the kid thru school. While the minumum wage goes up, so will the price of everything since the cost has to be passed onto the consumer.

Of course, the CEO could take a paycut so that the price of the product didn't have to go up, but then how will he be able to afford the megayachts he was planning on givings the kids this year. Or another Ferrari, or a boob job for his 18 year old girlfriend, or whatever............

Who the F needs a $50 milliion severance package!?!?!?

The economy around the world is sucking right now. An airline in Japan is suffering the same as lots of companies around the world. The CEO gave himself a paycut. He now makes less than the pilots, but think of how many pilots/planes he is keeping in the air by this simple, basic, "sound business practice" decision.

I would venture a guess that when this all shakes out, his airline will still be in business.

Bailout, shmailout. bottom line is, the friggin US government is pulling the biggest bank heist in history right before our very eyes, with our own money. The US government is giving money, with no strings attached, to the very banks that are foreclosing on your house.

Scuse me, but how the FFF does that work. We are bailing out a bunch of folks that have never "produced" a thing in their life, except for more $$$ for themselves and buddies.

Shipping jobs overseas, cats and dogs living together, the price of gas, AAAARRRGGGGHHH.

Rant Over. sorry bout that, this will be my last post in this thread.

Da Wolf

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by wetwolf View Post
    Who the F needs a $50 milliion severance package!?!?!?
    I DO! I DO!!!!!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information