The Story Of The Season

Starflight was so generous of sending me his pump alignment tool about a month ago. Finally yesterday being Veterans Day and having not to go to work I decided to align the water pump to the motor. I had an extra pump lying around so i pulled out the impellar and cone off of that one to use for the alignment procedure. I took out the the pump that my SLT 750 had and installed my extra pump that I just prepared for the alignment procedure. The pump to the coupler per the alignment tool was approximately around 3/16 off. So loosened the motor mounts and some other stuff and got the pump to the coupler aligned to within 1/64th of an inch. I did a perfect job in aligning it. No rush took my time. Then I decided to turn the motor by turning the coupler by hand without the alignment tool connected. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM wouldn't turn over. So I pulled out the three spark plugs and the motor still wouldn't turn over by hand by the coupler. So I got a hold of my handy dandy flexible light that fits great through the spark plug hole and inpected the pto. By george I had a hole clear through the piston. #%@&$#*@#$%...!!!!. When in the critters did that happen? Last time I had the SLT 750 out was in the beginning of October. I had a blast with her. I guzzled a six of silver bullet and I was having an endless summer. It felt great! It being a weekday and my local lake was completely empty. I was the only fortunate one in the whole Los Angeles County. I felt like I was the "MAN". I was "IT".................! Had a big ole grin on my face riding into the sunset...........................ah such a beautiful day. I can still recall the day perfectly. I ran into rlovebk there. We spoke and he road my SLT 750 and said "gee dude this thing is great. Its running perfect". I had just rebuilt the top end. I seated it perfectly. Had the carbs dialed in perfectly too. I was a happy camper...........! Well back to my hole in the piston dilemma. I recall riding the SLT 750 already for quite some time already like around 2 1/2 hours mostly at wide open throttle when she started to bog. Limp home mode. Its about time! Its time to head back to the launch ramp and call it a day. What a beautifuly day it was.! Gee I still remember it perfectly.......!....Ah endless summer. Well I rode my SLT 750 back to the launch ramp which was aprroximately 2 miles in limp home mode. Put her on the trailer and skadoodled back home. Perfect day. Great day! I still remember it perfectly.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............! Back to my hole in the pto.....................took off all the three heads and lean....lean........lean.........lean............. ...what the hay? Why lean? She was running perfectly at the lake a month ago. Well here's the kicker. Upon futher inpection of the boat and thinking it through what happened at the lake that day. Such a perfect day. Great day! Endless...........!!! The fuel petcock/selector as of right now is still on the "ON" position. It hit me last night at around 1:30 a.m. after I woke up to take a leak. This boat doesnt have limp home mode. When the SLT 750 begins to bog you must switch over the fuel selctor to the "RES" position. I was thinking that I was on my SLT 780 which does have limp home mode. I ran my SLT 750 approximately 2 miles starving it of fuel............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........end of story..End of story....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s...........let me know if this is truly the "Story Of The Season".

Does it qualify me for the REDNECK CLUB huh?................
    Last edited by la90043; 11-14-2008 at 02:48 PM.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by la90043 View Post
    Starflight was so generous of sending me his pump alignment tool about a month ago. Finally yesterday being Veterans Day and having not to go to work I decided to align the water pump to the motor. I had an extra pump lying around so i pulled out the impellar and cone off of that one to use for the alignment procedure. I took out the the pump that my SLT 750 had and installed my extra pump that I just prepared for the alignment procedure. The pump to the coupler per the alignment tool was approximately around 3/16 off. So loosened the motor mounts and some other stuff and got the pump to the coupler aligned to within 1/64th of an inch. I did a perfect job in aligning it. No rush took my time. Then I decided to turn the motor by turning the coupler by hand without the alignment tool connected. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM wouldn't turn over. So I pulled out the three spark plugs and the motor still wouldn't turn over by hand by the coupler. So I got a hold of my handy dandy flexible light that fits great through the spark plug hole and inpected the pto. By george I had a hole clear through the piston. #%@&$#*@#$%...!!!!. When in the critters did that happen? Last time I had the SLT 750 out was in the beginning of October. I had a blast with her. I guzzled a six of silver bullet and I was having an endless summer. It felt great! It being a weekday and my local lake was completely empty. I was the only fortunate one in the whole Los Angeles County. I felt like I was the "MAN". I was "IT".................! Had a big ole grin on my face riding into the sunset...........................ah such a beautiful day. I can still recall the day perfectly. I ran into rlovebk there. We spoke and he road my SLT 750 and said "gee dude this thing is great. Its running perfect". I had just rebuilt the top end. I seated it perfectly. Had the carbs dialed in perfectly too. I was a happy camper...........! Well back to my hole in the piston dilemma. I recall riding the SLT 750 already for quite some time already like around 2 1/2 hours mostly and wide open throttle when she started to bog. Limp home mode. Its about time! Its time to head back to the launch ramp and call it a day. What a beautifuly day it was.! Gee I still remember it perfectly.......!....Ah endless summer. Well I rode my SLT 750 back to the launch ramp which was aprroximately 2 miles in limp home mode. Put her on the trailer and skadoodled back home. Perfect day. Great day! I still remember it perfectly.......AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH............! Back to my hole in the pto.....................took off all the three heads and lean....lean........lean.........lean............. ...what the hay? Why lean? She was running perfectly at the lake a month ago. Well here's the kicker. Upon futher inpection of the boat and thinking it through what happened at the lake that day. Such a perfect day. Great day! Endless...........!!! The fuel petcock/selector as of right now is still on the "ON" position and It has about 1/8 of fuel in the fuel tank. It hit me last night at around 1:30 a.m. after I woke up to take a leak. This boat doesnt have limp home mode. When the SLT 750 begins to bog you must switch over the fuel selctor to the "RES" position. I was thinking that I was on my SLT 780 which does have limp home mode. I ran my SLT 750 approximately 2 miles starving it of fuel............!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!..........end of story..End of story....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s...........let me know if this is truly the "Story Of The Season".

Does it qualify me for the REDNECK CLUB huh?................
    Sorry about your luck, But you are definetly a REDNECK.

Redneck..........!...........hip hip hooray..........!!

Quote Originally Posted by rlharrison60 View Post
    sorry about your luck, but you are definetly a redneck.

+1
    Here is a Redneck Playstation, just for you Robert

http://majman.net/fly_loader.html

+1

Talking

O.K. Back when I joined the forum, I learnd about the triple pump, so I bought one from zigler. Got it all hooked up. I took it up to a local lake with my spx that I had done some repairs on. It was cold and rainy I road the slt750 for about an hour ran great but two fishermen decked out in camo ransuits were the only boat I saw on the lake. Looked at me funny, like what a nut Any way loaded up the slt and put the spx in. IT RUNS LIKE A SCOLDED DOG!! Any way I was running wide open playing in the pooring ran by now, when it quit WOULD NOT START!!! TRYED EVERTHING. So broke out the paddle and started paddling back to the boat ramp about 1 mile away, when guess what/ the big bad Bass Ranger 200 outboard blackmax merc. comes by me, turns around comes back,( at this time I am hereing dualling banjos on the water and thinking I am going to have to squel like a pig to get back to the ramp! They pulled up and said, ya haven trouble boy? No just taken a break. Yea right... will tow you back in . Ended up being good guys but still said I was crazy! YEHAAA Buy the way you young guys watch the movie DELIVERANCE and you will understand.Old movie.

Quote Originally Posted by OLDJETSKIMAN View Post
    O.K. Back when I joined the forum, I learnd about the triple pump, so I bought one from zigler. Got it all hooked up. I took it up to a local lake with my spx that I had done some repairs on. It was cold and rainy I road the slt750 for about an hour ran great but two fishermen decked out in camo ransuits were the only boat I saw on the lake. Looked at me funny, like what a nut Any way loaded up the slt and put the spx in. IT RUNS LIKE A SCOLDED DOG!! Any way I was running wide open playing in the pooring ran by now, when it quit WOULD NOT START!!! TRYED EVERTHING. So broke out the paddle and started paddling back to the boat ramp about 1 mile away, when guess what/ the big bad Bass Ranger 200 outboard blackmax merc. comes by me, turns around comes back,( at this time I am hereing dualling banjos on the water and thinking I am going to have to squel like a pig to get back to the ramp! They pulled up and said, ya haven trouble boy? No just taken a break. Yea right... will tow you back in . Ended up being good guys but still said I was crazy! YEHAAA Buy the way you young guys watch the movie DELIVERANCE and you will understand.Old movie.

Any chance those guys in the bass boat tell you that you had a pretty mouth.. Cya Slick

Pain is fear leaving your body.... rlovebk's Avatar
    +1

Ah yes..

I can hear the banjo muzac now... plinka plink plink plink. twanga twang twang twang.
    I'm sorry to hear about your slt Robert. It was runnin' purrfecto. I don't get why low on fuel it should lean out? Youze a redneck!

I'm feeling naturally aspirated today pirate33's Avatar
    +1
    Bummer what happened Robert, but great story and write up

+1
    Oh man, that was a greatly told story. Yeppers those dang Fuji's hate to run lean.

Thread Information