Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

exhaust code p1,,,

HI guys,my ski bleeped EXHAUST P1, and three more numbers which i failed to see,never seen this before,ive just added an xs cooler,it went as quick as it came any ideas? just before that happend,my ski seemed to be lumpy under hi revs,like it was running on 2 not 3 pots but that cleared after 30 secs or so,got no boost leaks or water leaks,no more info than that,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    HI guys,my ski bleeped EXHAUST P1, and three more numbers which i failed to see,never seen this before,ive just added an xs cooler,it went as quick as it came any ideas? just before that happend,my ski seemed to be lumpy under hi revs,like it was running on 2 not 3 pots but that cleared after 30 secs or so,got no boost leaks or water leaks,no more info than that,
    Check the water lines to and from the xs cooler and make sure they are not kinked.

Banned User
    P1544...I hate that code Did you install a strainer? Did you remove or disturb your water box? I had this one beat til recently..

WILL DO,when it happend i was going round and round,flat out throttle at 8200 for about 10/15 secs,im thinking it briefly overheated

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    P1544...I hate that code Did you install a strainer? Did you remove or disturb your water box? I had this one beat til recently..
    ye put in strainer,water box?

Banned User
    WILL DO,when it happend i was going round and round,flat out throttle at 8200 for about 10/15 secs,im thinking it briefly overheated
    What ECU are you running? If stock ECU you where probley beating on the Rev limiter pretty hard

Banned User
    ye put in strainer,water box?
    If you loosened then retighten up your clamps on your water box sometimes you can pinch your J-pipe pissers causing a P1544

+1
    If you were cranking tight turns/doing donuts/spinning out at full throttle for 15 seconds, that will do it right there ... our RXPs do not like doing that and will overheat, modded or not if you do that. If that is the only time you get the overheat, you are fine, just don't do nonstop spinnies.

If you get the overheat from going WOT in a straight line, check your hose routing for kinks, your strainer, and then your intercooler for clogs in the water passages.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    If you loosened then retighten up your clamps on your water box sometimes you can pinch your J-pipe pissers causing a P1544
    Dont think i did,im not sure what the water box is so im gona need more info,but im sure i didnt kink any thing

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    If you were cranking tight turns/doing donuts/spinning out at full throttle for 15 seconds, that will do it right there ... our RXPs do not like doing that and will overheat, modded or not if you do that. If that is the only time you get the overheat, you are fine, just don't do nonstop spinnies.

If you get the overheat from going WOT in a straight line, check your hose routing for kinks, your strainer, and then your intercooler for clogs in the water passages.
    Im with you on that i reckon it briefly over heated

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information