+1

Performance gain thoughts...

The first one is wrapping the IC, IC piping and exhaust pipe with some material to reduce the heat that it gives off and takes in. I've read that some people have done this with seemingly positive results. What do you use on the pipes? Is it a wrap? I saw someone else mention a paint on coating that you bake in the oven. Anyone have any insight on this?

The other is that Jet Works valve that all the GPR guys use to dry their waterboxes for better holeshot. Is that applicable on the RXP? I will do some asking around.

+1
    I ordered these two things to try out.
    I am going to coat the exhaust manifold on the inside to hold as much heat as possible in the port and not transfer to the water jacket.
    Also going to cover the exhaust pipe with the stuff in the link.
    And lastly I am getting the cold air cover, I know everyone says that heat dose not soak into the Riva tube but theory says that it has to get hot.

Here are a couple of links.

http://www.store.yahoo.com/racingsup...ecth3fe21.html

http://www.store.yahoo.com/racingsup...coairtush.html

If you want to see how much radiated heat will actually soak into something get 2 -100 watt light bulbs and a piece of aluminum foil.
    Put the foil over one of the lamps and use a thermometer to measure each temperature 2-3" above the lamp. The temperature over the foil should be 20-30 degrees cooler. What if you can lower your incoming air temp by just 10 degrees??
    I wrapped my house in a similar product and my utilities average 40% lower than everyone else’s. So much so my utility company has put ct's in the transformer to check power consumption before my meter.

I will post in a week or so if I see any differences.

David

+1
    i wrapped my ic and the cooled air pipe that runs to teh tb with REFLECTIX, its this alluminum insulation from home depot, my dad used it in his garage and it works very well, i double wrapped the pipe, so ill see how heat fade effects that, maybe i need to wrap the power pipe and the charger pipe too?? hell maybe i should wrap the riva tube too, only thing about that is that with the rr plumbing kit, it is very tight around where the riva runs into the engine, it touched the hot air pipe off of the charger,
    it will be pertty hard to wrap in that spot,

i was thinking of getting some of this for the exhaust pipe..to keep the engine compartment a little cooler.

http://store.yahoo.com/racingsuperstore/blgcowr.html

any thoughts or suggestions before i try it?

+1
    I have noticed my PPG power pipe gets hot to the touch, esp when idling for awhile, so wrapping that and some of the tubing with heat wrap would definitely make sense. The Jetworks valve I am not so sure about since our holeshot is already good, and the potential interference from the heat sensor in the exhaust out of our waterbox, with less water being dumped into the waterbox.

Another idea I mentioned to Jerry awhile ago ... water/methanol injection. Go to www.snowperformance.net and do some reading. In general, based on magazine tests I have read, the gain on supercharged motors was 10 - 15% ... that would be potentially 20 - 30 hp for most of us! Install looks very simple, and control is automatic with the Stage 2 kit. The injection can be completely controlled and fine tuned with the controller in the Stage 2 kit, and this reduces the intake charge temp and reduces chances of detonation. I have not contacted them, but we have basically a half of a supercharged car motor so there is no reason why it would not work well on our skis too, possibly even better due to the additional heat we get in our engine compartments, and less cool intake air. Explore the site, lots of interesting info on there ..... the only question I would have is whether our ECUs could adjust to the lower intake temp and potentially increased boost (which is what they often experience with this kit).

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Vern
    . The Jetworks valve I am not so sure about since our holeshot is already good,
    Yeah, but what if it could be better?

advance auto parts sells thermotech stuff..i assume so would autozone and other auto parts stores. i was thinking of picking up a boost gauge while i was there. is ok to have a boost gauge and a bov, both vacuum?

I used the 1\2 inch pipe insulation the soft rubberized kind, there is one kind almost like styrofoam, then I wrapped that with the silver tape used on air condition duct wrap.Get it at Lowes or Home Depot.

Aafter instaling my power pipe last weekend i notice ho hot it got also under the seat. What my father and I did was, we took the stock exhaust that I had to cut a sction off for the pipe. Cut it in sections and rapped it around the power pipe and zip tied it down. It did help in cutting down on the heat under the seat.

This is close to what turbo and supercharged cars use .
    http://www.naturecoastmotorsports.co...haust_Wrap.htm

Thread Information