Yeah I'm a coucher, and proud of it! ticketplease's Avatar

Extended Warranty, best price?

Went to Amber @ Honda of Avon today, 440-934-5353. $600.00 per ski for 3 years extra on the orig. Honda warranty. This is genuine Honda Warranty, not an aftermarket one. Going price is $900.00 @ my local dealer for 3 years. Local dealer said since I bought 2 skis and a trailer from them they would let me have it for $680.00 per ski, that is the 1 year extended price, then plus tax on the $680.00 times 2. At Honda of Avon there is no tax.
    So that's $1,200.00 or $1,475.60. I did ask the dealer if they would match it. They said that giving me the 1 year price was the best they could do. I'm sorry but the $275.60 difference buys me a 17/29 impeller for the R12X.
    Anyone heard of another Honda Dealer with a better price?

I paid $800.00 for my Honda Factory warranty in MD. This was back in Feb.2008 I also have a 2006 F12. First time ever owning a ski and fuel injection on any watercraft.

Happy Holiday's,
    Let me understand this, I can buy a new ski at my local dealer and the warranty at a dealer elsewhere out of state?
    Thanks
    Todd

Quote Originally Posted by tgarris View Post
    Happy Holiday's,
    Let me understand this, I can buy a new ski at my local dealer and the warranty at a dealer elsewhere out of state?
    Thanks
    Todd
    "Extended" warranty, yes. Called HPP (Hondacare Protection Plan). It is a "sales" item, and can be bought from any Honda Power-sports dealer, provided if they want to. There is a pretty good margin they can work with. Some people have shopped it around to get a good price.

Quote Originally Posted by ijdal35 View Post
    "Extended" warranty, yes. Called HPP (Hondacare Protection Plan). It is a "sales" item, and can be bought from any Honda Power-sports dealer, provided if they want to. There is a pretty good margin they can work with. Some people have shopped it around to get a good price.

I hear 'ya, but it makes NO sense. Why (even IF it's only a slim profit) wouldn't this guy's LOCAL dealer match Honda of Avon's price?

For the local dealer isn't making SOME profit, better than NO profit? And what's more, whether the local dealer matches Honda of Avon or not, they might as well b/c you know who this guy is gonna take his ski to if it needs any warranty repairs.... his LOCAL dealer! So why would his LOCAL dealer wanna do ALL the warranty work ('cause you know that's who he's gonna bring it to) and NOT be the one to SELL HIM the extended warranty and make whatever profit there is to be made?

Quote Originally Posted by MiamiMark View Post
    I hear 'ya, but it makes NO sense. Why (even IF it's only a slim profit) wouldn't this guy's LOCAL dealer match Honda of Avon's price?
    Sometimes even good questions have no answers. So we guess. Some dealers don't want to do the extra paperwork for the margin they'll lose on the sale (on the flip side some incentives are given to dealers who sell the most HPP regionally). Warranty work most of the time isn't profitable the way Honda reimburses the dealers, especially to the service department. Maybe the local dealer figures he's not going to see any routine maintenance because the customer does all his own work, so why give it away? Could be all, one, or many other reasons. Bottom line is though, I agree, the local dealer should step up and want to get that business/sale no matter what. That ball was dropped.

Quote Originally Posted by ijdal35 View Post
    Sometimes even good questions have no answers. So we guess. Some dealers don't want to do the extra paperwork for the margin they'll lose on the sale (on the flip side some incentives are given to dealers who sell the most HPP regionally). Warranty work most of the time isn't profitable the way Honda reimburses the dealers, especially to the service department. Maybe the local dealer figures he's not going to see any routine maintenance because the customer does all his own work, so why give it away? Could be all, one, or many other reasons. Bottom line is though, I agree, the local dealer should step up and want to get that business/sale no matter what. That ball was dropped.
    ok, thanks bro. And yeah, local dealer DEFINITELY should've stepped up!

Honda Extended Warranties

Hey guys and ladies,
    I can help clear up some of the warranty questions for you. Any Honda dealer that sells Aquatrax can sell a HPP, Honda extended service plan, to anyone, anywhere in the US. We mostly sell them to our customers when they buy the machine. There are a few customers that buy them after the pwc purchase. I agree, there is no reason to let a customer buy a HPP plan from someone else at a cheaper price. We almost always will match a price to either help our customer or gain a new one. Another issue is that Honda warranty does pay well so there is no reason to turn down "warranty" work from anyone. In fact, the HPP plan pays retail price. If you have good technicians the labor times are ok too. When we do warranty or HPP repairs we always get paid. There are no deductables, no co-pays and no waiting for an adjuster to examine the vehicle. Of course, Honda's don't need repaired very often but the HPP sure gives you peace of mind. Anyone out here can e-mail me or call the dealership and we will get you a great deal on the Aquatrax, HPP or parts/accessories.

Steve
    Dreyer Honda South
    Whiteland, IN
    317-535-3700

Thread Information