Views:	84 
Size:	718.3 KB 
ID:	104292

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pulley 003.jpg 
Views:	51 
Size:	694.0 KB 
ID:	104293

I just had my intercooler out and generally doing a few bits to my ski and took the belt cover off and thought is that right? looked in the manual and it shows belt going underside of that pulley ..this belt had just been replaced under warranty by the guy i bought the ski off , i ran it to test it just after it was done and seemed ok possibly a bit slower but i put it down to plugs . i haven't used it since .
    I take it that it really needs to go as per manual.
    can i do this without one of them tension gauges ? will it come loose enough by loosening that bolt behind the pulley to slip under? i don't wanna take it back to that "mechanic" but he'll be hearing from me
    could this have damaged the pulley system running it like this for a couple of hours ? what to check?

Put it under.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by blownhotrodder View Post
    Put it under.
    +1, pulley will be ok, but check your belt. and get a new mechanic fast.

WTF! GET A NEW MECHANIC! OR FIRE YOURSELF...

Tru story, the guy I go to, had Kawi corp contact him, asking him to work on a customers boat that was having issues for the last 8 months! The customer drove an hour to my buddy, and drops off the boat. An hour later, my buddy calls the guy, tells him to come get his boat!

Belt was the same as yours! Needless to say, the cust was PISSED! He got a few years extra warrenty, free oil fchanges, and a few other grab bag stuff for the ordeal!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post

Tru story, the guy I go to, had Kawi corp contact him, asking him to work on a customers boat that was having issues for the last 8 months! The customer drove an hour to my buddy, and drops off the boat. An hour later, my buddy calls the guy, tells him to come get his boat!

Belt was the same as yours! Needless to say, the cust was PISSED! He got a few years extra warrenty, free oil fchanges, and a few other grab bag stuff for the ordeal!
    WTF!!! good post guess you got the answers you were looking. for make sure you loosen the pulley nut before turning tensioner bolt!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Dubz1 View Post

was his like that straight from kawi ?

R5 Water-X Racing Promoter PowerShot's Avatar
    +1
    YES you must have a Tensioner Gauge!! Dont guesstimate! Get the gauge and go BY THE BOOK!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by PowerShot View Post
    YES you must have a Tensioner Gauge!! Dont guesstimate! Get the gauge and go BY THE BOOK!
    believe me i'm trying ...just can't seem to get one without getting it shipped half way accross the world.

I have put it to its correct position anyway and will try and get one before i ride again . I have some other parts i want to get anyway so i will probably order the gauge with them as they seem to be cheaper buying from the US even with the postage costs.

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    From the looks of things you need to order some Fluid Film, or some other type of protectant, as it looks like you have rust and corrosion going on.............

+1
    i have retensioned mine after engine removal without the gauge if you can twist the bottom section of the belt from flat to just under halfway from vertical that should be very close. thats where mine has been running with no issues so far.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information