+1

Talking I will ride the pro tomorrow !!!!!!!!!

Hey all, pumped about tomorrow. Got the carbs back on last night, got off early today so fired it up and ran really great!! checked everything. Looks like I have a about 4 hours in the day tomorrow before the weather makes a major turn. You guys up north are going to get some snow looks like . Any way got any last checks I need to do before I turn it loose tomorrow? let me know.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDJETSKIMAN View Post
    Hey all, pumped about tomorrow. Got the carbs back on last night, got off early today so fired it up and ran really great!! checked everything. Looks like I have a about 4 hours in the day tomorrow before the weather makes a major turn. You guys up north are going to get some snow looks like . Any way got any last checks I need to do before I turn it loose tomorrow? let me know.
    Just remember to warm it up slow

+1
    Yes sir, I will! How much time should I run it easy before I give it a good run?

+1
    COOL! it's always good to see older ski's still goin. got a SL750 project in the works that the forum has been helpin me with. Just make sure you vary the throttle speeds. two strokes love it when you run the "R"s up and down every few seconds. thats a must for breakin. I confess I am jumpin in on your project here and haven't followed to close but if you have rebuilt your ski make sure you have premix on the first tank as well as your oil injection.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by OLDJETSKIMAN View Post
    Yes sir, I will! How much time should I run it easy before I give it a good run?
    Warm it up a few minutes so the cylinders get nice and warm so you don't stick one of those Wiseco pistons .
    Also did you throw some oil in the gas so the oil pump has time to bleed out any air bubbles .

+1
    Yes, have 50;1 syn. mix plus oil inject is working! She smokes a little. I am very excited and also little worried that I do not screw it up!!! With you on feathering the trottle. Thanks lugs for all your help and everyone else , if anything goes wrong I hope its tomorrow so I will have the winter to tear down and fixs. Thats why I would like to run it one time.

Click avatar for tech links/info, donation request K447's Avatar
    +1
    Wear something to keep your head warm.
    It is harder to focus and think straight when your noggin is cold.

I test drove a ski last November, and had an instant ice cream headache, just as the tachometer got past about 6,000...

+1
    Thanks k447, Got a 6m wet suit 5m gloves and boots. The weather here has not been great. Rain the last two days temp 58 tomorrow light rain around 60 windy and then the great rath of the north comes in!!!!! Looks like its going all the way to FL. EVERYONE THINKS I AM CRAZY. Oh and yes my trusty old NEW YORK TOBOGGIN!! HEY GOOD NIGHT ALL!!!!!! I will be back on tomorow night to let you all know how it went. Thanks!!!!!!!!

Thread Information