Thread: Endeavour

+1

Endeavour

Brilliant nighttime launch for shuttle.

What a great way to start the weekend for all to peeps attending the Hydro-Drags..

In the early 90's I had the pleasure to be working at Rocketdyne. I was a test tech for Delta and Atlas engines and spent some time working SSME. The best was watching a "Hot Fire up on the hill" We were 1000' away from the beast at full power.. The sound and shock wave would send your pant legs flapping in the breeze you would stop breathing and stare at the sight in front of you. On one test I was in the Block House where the all the action happened..

100 MILES OF HEAVEN AND I AM SMACK IN THE MIDDLE KEYZBUM's Avatar
    +1
    watched the launch on there internet webcast,,,then walked outside to watch it burn thru the sky looked way cool evan this far south
    mattman

I saw it too, like an orange star heading up the sky. Freakin' cool! First one I've been able to see here. I'm 230 miles from Canaveral, as the crow flies. Have to check one out up close.

+1
    I watched the launch tonight on TV.....perfect and smooth. I have always wanted to see a launch in person. I've seen the shuttle and the space station fly over a few times at night in the sky...pretty kewl.

Beerdart, I bet that was a great experience.

I only live 15 minutes from the Johnson Space Center. Quite a few NASA and Boeing employees in my neighborhood.

Like a chimp with a ball-peen hammer smackwave's Avatar
    +1
    Congratulations Endeavour and crew, hopefully we're next!

A few years ago my dad was involved in reconfiguring the way the space shuttle figures out how to land. I think it had to do with saving money. In the process, he was at the Cape several times and saw the shuttles up close in person. I was jealous because he got to see all that up close. It will be a sad day when the shuttles go into retirement.

We are about 80 miles away from Cape Canaveral and it still lit up the whole night sky..I was amazed. First launch I had ever seen.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by nightrider05 View Post
    We are about 80 miles away from Cape Canaveral and it still lit up the whole night sky..I was amazed. First launch I had ever seen.
    wow, I bet that was amazing.....I have always wanted to see a shuttle launch. I hope to see one before they retire it.

Thread Information