Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

rxp waterbox mod

OK, I know it's been discussed time & again, so one more time won't hurt.
    I have a few Q's:

I'll be cutting open the front of the box, will I be removing the whole baffle or just cut holes?

Will just cutting holes make the baffle weaker & more prone to breaking or will the water flow more giving less force to break it off?

Am I better off taking it out altogether &/or will it create more heat with a chance of weakining the box & burst?

How much will I need to remove to keep from sliding the box to get my SC out?

Thanks!

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    OK, I know it's been discussed time & again, so one more time won't hurt.
    I have a few Q's:

I'll be cutting open the front of the box, will I be removing the whole baffle or just cut holes?

Will just cutting holes make the baffle weaker & more prone to breaking or will the water flow more giving less force to break it off?

Am I better off taking it out altogether &/or will it create more heat with a chance of weakining the box & burst?

How much will I need to remove to keep from sliding the box to get my SC out?

Thanks!
    One 5" hole is the best flowing if I remember right, and be sure to cut the entry and exit flush with the box. I think 1" may be enough length to remove to clear the SC. I would go 3"-4"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthAWM View Post
    One 5" hole is the best flowing if I remember right, and be sure to cut the entry and exit flush with the box. I think 1" may be enough length to remove to clear the SC. I would go 3"-4"
    Thanks,
    I'll be cutting the tubes as well. Is there 3" of material on the front to cut off? It looks like maybe 2" there.

Straight pipe that SOB! And it will sound like mine!

Banned User
    +1
    Yea, best flow is a full length box with the following mods...

- cut the outlet pipe FLUSH, the more flush the better...
    - single 5" hole in baffle wall...

Rigidity is still there...

well

mine is completly gutted, and I've moded my friends as per the site and I've even shorted one, they all seem to work great, the only diff is in sound, each one sounds diff, diff stocks for diff folks, good luck.

+1
    You can gut the whole box and take off a couple inches..I had Danny do that to my wifes waterbox and it works and sounds awsome..ONLY thing is you CANNOT run a flared J-Pipe with this setup..It will eventually blow out..If your gonna run a completely gutted box then i recommend cutting off 1 and 3/4 inches off the bottom of your J-Pipe...Now if you dont want to cut you J-pipe then i would go with what Danny recommended..

Banned User
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    You can gut the whole box and take off a couple inches..I had Danny do that to my wifes waterbox and it works and sounds awsome..ONLY thing is you CANNOT run a flared J-Pipe with this setup..It will eventually blow out..If your gonna run a completely gutted box then i recommend cutting off 1 and 3/4 inches off the bottom of your J-Pipe...Now if you dont want to cut you J-pipe then i would go with what Danny recommended..

If you gut, but don't change the length or internal shield, you can flare...

If you change the length, while keeping the internal middle shield, you can flare...

If you gut and remove the internal middle shield, no matter what the length, you can not flare...

BEST BANG, DEEP SOUND, AWESOME FLOW.....5" hole, trimmed and smoothed outlet, flared Jpipe with slight increase on 3-pisser hole size...

LIVE TO RIDE! - RIDE FAST TO LIVE!

Cut it, gut it, and hang it out to dry

Hey ace,
    you need to cut it, gut it and hang it out to dry.
    Don't forget to put it back together with duck tape.
    Bill

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    If you gut, but don't change the length or internal shield, you can flare...

If you change the length, while keeping the internal middle shield, you can flare...

If you gut and remove the internal middle shield, no matter what the length, you can not flare...

BEST BANG, DEEP SOUND, AWESOME FLOW.....5" hole, trimmed and smoothed outlet, flared Jpipe with slight increase on 3-pisser hole size...
    The baffle is cut but the middle shield is still there. So this means I can leave my J pipe alone, right? Whats this 3 pisser hole you speak of?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information