Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Tell me what to buy regarding filter

You can see my mods below. I will add a tunnell reinforcement kit along with island racings holeshot kit, Rive free flow tube, intake, and EFI (to help with the d-plate- because boat feels lean in the mid even after the resistor and for the new intake). Wil lprobably also get impellor.

Question is which intake to get - I have been searching on here for 2 days but wanted to see some opinions. Power filter or race filter. I ride in chopy conditions. I still have the tubes in that come off the cowlings for air flow.

Now im thinkning that any water that comes in will be in the bottom and center of the craft. All I have to worry about is splashing up which the stock box will protect. If I keep the stock airbox i will gut the screens and get the power filter. That will give enough flow becuase i have a fully stock engine.

Also can you take all the intake stuff out by just taking off the part of the exhaust with the cat in it? Thanks!

+1
    i ride in chop/rough water. i went with the power filter for the same reason what your worried about. you have to take the U-pipe out in order to install and take out the oem intake. i left the hoses in there and just redirected them. i have had no problems at all. but do everything at the same time since you'll have everything out anyways. in order to get your filter on you need to take out the stinger and u-pipe. and since you have your stinger out you might as well do the reinforcement and free flow. just my .02

Quote Originally Posted by Altezza01 View Post
    i ride in chop/rough water. i went with the power filter for the same reason what your worried about. you have to take the U-pipe out in order to install and take out the oem intake. i left the hoses in there and just redirected them. i have had no problems at all. but do everything at the same time since you'll have everything out anyways. in order to get your filter on you need to take out the stinger and u-pipe. and since you have your stinger out you might as well do the reinforcement and free flow. just my .02

Yep - I plan on doing it all at the same time. Thanks man.

So thats 1 for the Power Filter.

And I plan on doing no other mods after all of this besides impeller.

+1
    If you want the best performance get the race filter. Put a prefilter on it if you're worried about water.

Quote Originally Posted by JKR1300 View Post
    If you want the best performance get the race filter. Put a prefilter on it if you're worried about water.

Does a fully stock motor besides exhaust mods need a race filter though.

+1
    it doesn't "need" it but with the race filter people say they gained more rpms than the pro filter.

i have the riva filter that clamps on the oem air box and i removed the spark arrestors atop the throttle body

Quote Originally Posted by vomitspot View Post
    i have the riva filter that clamps on the oem air box and i removed the spark arrestors atop the throttle body

And everything has been good?

Same as guys, power filter on front of OEM box with screens gone. Hoses still on pointing to the filter but since the stock system goes directly into the stock box I have had a plastic box made up which will clamp around the filter and the hoses go directly into this using the OEM three way joint. Will advise if any rpm gain over now. Figure if all the air is going straight into box like factory that has to be better than hoses letting air all round the hull

Here is my APBA, IJSBA USCG approved induction system for GPRs. If you want the highest horsepower producing combo this is your ticket. Works equally well on stock, or modified engines.
    Here is a link to another thread with much more info about them.

http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=54837

Thanks,
    Ross
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001802.JPG 
Views:	45 
Size:	567.3 KB 
ID:	104447   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IM001803.JPG 
Views:	35 
Size:	570.3 KB 
ID:	104448  

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information