Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38
  1. #1
    jumbojet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    20

    Dying on the line.

    Wondering if anyone can help, my ski is dying on the start.
    It seems to launch off the line, then just die, then kick back in to life a few seconds later and then runs fine. To make it worse it doesent do it all the time. But it did it every race except 1 which i took it for a good run directley before the race. Ive tried changing the plugs but doesent seem to of helped.


  2. #2
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,991
    +1
    455
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbojet View Post
    Wondering if anyone can help, my ski is dying on the start.
    It seems to launch off the line, then just die, then kick back in to life a few seconds later and then runs fine. To make it worse it doesent do it all the time. But it did it every race except 1 which i took it for a good run directley before the race. Ive tried changing the plugs but doesent seem to of helped.
    I had this happen to me a few times. Comes and goes. I still haven't figured it out yet.

  3. #3
    H20 addicted Blu_Boost's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Lake Havasu,AZ
    Posts
    302
    The ride before last I had a problem with it when I would punch it out of the hole, It would give a single hesitation then resume acceleration. I got a battery error when it first started so iam guessing the battery was low.Maybe battery, *coming from a guy with little experiance with skis*

  4. #4
    jumbojet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    20
    I think it is only doing it when it is cold. once it is warmed up it seems to clear. Im wondering if it mite be the maifold gasgit. Is there any way of testing for this without pulling everything apart?

  5. #5
    Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Brisvegas
    Posts
    4,157
    +1
    598

    Talking

    Quote Originally Posted by jumbojet View Post
    I think it is only doing it when it is cold. once it is warmed up it seems to clear. Im wondering if it mite be the maifold gasgit. Is there any way of testing for this without pulling everything apart?
    PLUGS

  6. #6
    I was thinking plugs too. Some times when they heat up good they can work better but when cold may have a miss fire.

  7. #7
    Mine was duing the same thing for about 4-5 rides. Every time it was when cold, it did it for about a minut or so, then it ran fine for the rest of the day. About 2 weeks it finally gave me a CAA1 code. I think is cam positioning sensor. I checked the sensor for oms, and it checked ok. I also checked the wires going to the ECU for continuity and they also checked good. I think the only other thing it could be is the ECU. I might be wrong, but my ski was doing the same thing yours is doing.

    Every time the problem came on the #1 cilyder would not work. There would spark to the plug, but it would not work.

  8. #8
    I changed my plugs 2 times, and did not fix it.

  9. #9
    GODOSIDIS's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Greece
    Posts
    735
    Quote Originally Posted by jumbojet View Post
    Wondering if anyone can help, my ski is dying on the start.
    It seems to launch off the line, then just die, then kick back in to life a few seconds later and then runs fine. To make it worse it doesent do it all the time. But it did it every race except 1 which i took it for a good run directley before the race. Ive tried changing the plugs but doesent seem to of helped.
    When you say die,how much?
    Does the display die also or just the engine?
    If it runs hard cold but then fine its propably the exhaust gaskets.
    Usually leaking exhaust gaskets come with a 100-300rpm drop.

    Do you think its an idle problem?I replaced two idle regulators in 2 of my skis.
    Give us a better description of the problem.

  10. #10
    nicjak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Warragul, Downunder
    Posts
    7,794
    +1
    625
    Quote Originally Posted by GODOSIDIS View Post
    When you say die,how much?
    Does the display die also or just the engine?
    If it runs hard cold but then fine its propably the exhaust gaskets.
    Usually leaking exhaust gaskets come with a 100-300rpm drop.

    Do you think its an idle problem?I replaced two idle regulators in 2 of my skis.
    Give us a better description of the problem.
    highjack here, chris what were the symptoms of idle regulator failure and where is it located?
    i'm still having issues with the rpms staying above 3000-4000rpm after blipping the throttle on the trailer they eventually drop down to 1400rpm after approx. 10-15 seconds. sometimes i have to shut the motor down to get it back to idle.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2010 FX Cruiser SHO just died on the water
    By passement in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 10-01-2014, 01:22 PM
  2. 05 rxt just died on the water and now no beep, no nothing
    By ou812 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2013, 08:57 AM
  3. GP1200r died on the lake...
    By abe in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 07-06-2011, 09:29 PM
  4. we got a newbie on the line
    By bossdog67 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-17-2010, 04:15 AM
  5. Spinning up/Cavitation on the line???
    By grantuk in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 05-29-2008, 10:04 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •