Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

(Sea-Doo) Hydrodrags

After reading this i was pretty stoked about the 2 stroke single pipe class, since by APBA rules a Gpr doesnt have much of a chance in either Limited or Unlimited.

Quote from Watertops post.
    Two new classes have been added to the Speed Alley competition, both are subcategories of Hydro Unlimited.
    Hydro Unlimited Single Pipe, Two-strokes
    Hydro Unlimited Triple Pipe, Two-strokes
    Unquote..
    So after all the get ready, going to the race, planning etc that we all do to be able to go to these events, at the very last minute, when turning in my registration form, i am informed that there will be no 2 stroke classes, and i will be thrown in with all the conversion skis in the unlimited class. Gee thanks

Admittedly, there werent very many entries in the 2 stroke single pipe class, but thats no reason to cancel the class at the last second Tim.
    Just seems to me if you advertise a class, you remain true to your word, and have that class, period.
    Really disappointed...
    I guess it was just too much to think that a Yamaha could have won a class at a Sea-Doo sponsored event.
    Adding insult to injury, yes, i would have won the radar run single pipe class out of the handfull of entries.
    Not enough entries to run the class? Yea, there were only around 5, and that would have been 7 if Jims trailer wouldnt have broken on the trip over, but at the inagural event last april, there were only 6 entries in the limited class, and i was one of them.
    This time there were probably 20 in limited. Advertise a class, keep true to your word and actually have the class, and it will grow.
    I am usually not one to complain, cry, whine or bitch. But this was just plain rude, and wrong.
    Ross

+1
    I feel for you... We still don't have a class to run the conversions in Socal or AZ.

We could drive 12 hours up to San Fran area... and probably will.

+1
    Did you pre enter? If you didn't...

Clarification,

As discussed many moths ago, there was a single pipe, two-stroke class and a triple pipe, two stroke subcatagory added to SPEED ALLEY. This has been outlined on the registration form that has been on this website and others for many months now.
    Those two subcatagories were IN EFFECT and those who entered were scored seperately! There were two entries between the two sub classes

The event was far better than we expected, great turn out, great racing, but a lot of stone throwing, and it all came down to people not reading all the information we have taken the time to layout and to read the rules. It was/is all black and white in print.

Thank you for all of those who travelled to take part in the second HydroDrag event. Official results will be posted this evening after we finish todays activites.

As discussed many moths ago, there was a single pipe, two-stroke class and a triple pipe, two stroke subcatagory added to SPEED ALLEY. This has been outlined on the registration form that has been on this website and others for many months now.
    Those two subcatagories were IN EFFECT and those who entered were scored seperately! There were two entries between the two sub classes

Thats not what you told me when i registered Tim. You informed me there would be no 2 stroke classes because of the low number of entries, and i would be in unlimited class..
    I realize it was for speed alley only. No problem there.
    Im not trying to throw stones, just clarifying an issue.
    Please continue to have the 2 stroke classes, and the class will grow. There are many 2 stroke single pipe skis that will show if they think they have a chance.
    Thanks,
    Ross

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by rossnemo View Post
    After reading this i was pretty stoked about the 2 stroke single pipe class, since by APBA rules a Gpr doesnt have much of a chance in either Limited or Unlimited.

Quote from Watertops post.
    Two new classes have been added to the Speed Alley competition, both are subcategories of Hydro Unlimited.
    Hydro Unlimited Single Pipe, Two-strokes
    Hydro Unlimited Triple Pipe, Two-strokes
    Unquote..
    So after all the get ready, going to the race, planning etc that we all do to be able to go to these events, at the very last minute, when turning in my registration form, i am informed that there will be no 2 stroke classes, and i will be thrown in with all the conversion skis in the unlimited class. Gee thanks

Admittedly, there werent very many entries in the 2 stroke single pipe class, but thats no reason to cancel the class at the last second Tim.
    Just seems to me if you advertise a class, you remain true to your word, and have that class, period.
    Really disappointed...
    I guess it was just too much to think that a Yamaha could have won a class at a Sea-Doo sponsored event.
    Adding insult to injury, yes, i would have won the radar run single pipe class out of the handfull of entries.
    Not enough entries to run the class? Yea, there were only around 5, and that would have been 7 if Jims trailer wouldnt have broken on the trip over, but at the inagural event last april, there were only 6 entries in the limited class, and i was one of them.
    This time there were probably 20 in limited. Advertise a class, keep true to your word and actually have the class, and it will grow.
    I am usually not one to complain, cry, whine or bitch. But this was just plain rude, and wrong.
    Ross
    man, sorry to hear Ross.

+1
    as an expectator I do agree with Ross.
    they anounced the vintage class and the "stock class" and then the unlimited. the crowds didnt see the Limited class.

Ross great run even though weather was bad.

+1
    Please describe how the weather affected performance?

The weather was very windy, 15-20mph gusts , and the water at the time of the radar runs was really bad. 8-12 inch chop with hidden rollers. There were almost whitecaps in the canal. I did 80 and got 1 foot air at the same time. These conversion skis that went 90+ in this bad bad water surely are capable of 100+ on flat water. I dont know how they did it.. But the weather is what it is, no way to control that...

Banned User
    It also looked like the drainage canal that dumped into mid track was causeing alot of issues on the drag and radar run course...That's what got Big Buck.. Late in his run he hit this spot and started to bounce..the rest is history..

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information