Question winterizing questions???

Have not had my ski's winterized yet and they are going to another state to get custom painted and are going to be inside a shop until next year...question is...will be hurt by not having this done or will they be okay??? Anyhelp will be great...thanks

+1
    winterizing... what's that...

I would at least blow out the water in the intercooler with compressed air, then fog the engine per the manual (through the fuel rail and down the plug holes). This is especially important with the problem of rusting valve stems on the '04 engines. And don't forget to treat the gas...Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by King_Of_Fun View Post
    I would at least blow out the water in the intercooler with compressed air, then fog the engine per the manual (through the fuel rail and down the plug holes). This is especially important with the problem of rusting valve stems on the '04 engines. And don't forget to treat the gas...Ron
    +1..Me personally i would run some RV anti-freeze through the IC and waterbox too...

thanks for the reply's ( except yamma...lol yes some of us have COLD months...just kidding more power to ya) anyway...so how would I go about getting the water out of the intercooler??? Can I just let it run for awhile or is there a diff. way to do it??..Thanks in advance...

Banned User
    +1
    I just went into my garage, popped the lines from the strainer to the IC's, and poured antifreeze until it pissed out the back...which started out as water then went green. I put a bucket under the back so when it levels itself off it will be fine...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by dpoole5074 View Post
    thanks for the reply's ( except yamma...lol yes some of us have COLD months...just kidding more power to ya) anyway...so how would I go about getting the water out of the intercooler??? Can I just let it run for awhile or is there a diff. way to do it??..Thanks in advance...

You can do one of two things...You can take the intake line off and force compressed air through there...After doing this i recommend running some RV(Pink) Anti freeze through there. OR you can take the Intake line off and and pour RV(pink) antifreeze through there till you hear it running into the waterbox..After you hear it going into the waterbox then i would pull off one of the exhaust hoses off the waterbox and pour the rest of it in there..

The ski's have taken a "backseat" to the Corvette DarthAWM's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by YoYamma View Post
    winterizing... what's that...
    That is when you prepare your ski to experience temperatures colder than the freezing point of water. (this phenomenon actually occurs in some parts of the world)

Thread Information