Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Safety recall wake towers

my dealer called me with this safety recall from sea doo. altough there still is no mail with the info off how to repair the problem.
    anybody knows what this is all about?? perhaps bad welding??

ciao jim

My dealer told me that welds were breaking. Seadoo needs to step up and address this rather than waiting until spring on the assumption that everyone has put their boats away for the winter. Sucks to try and wakeboard with boards kicking around the floor because you had to take the tower off.

i,m really disapointed with sea-doo now, new 08 wake with 2 months in dealer this summer because bad carbon saeling, ceramics in SC and now with all my stuff conected to tower, vhf and gps and speakers a have to change again and wait until sea doo comes up with a solucion, they just tell you donīt use your boat becuase itīs shit finished

ciao Jim

Angry Safety Recall Tower

I have an 2006 Speedster wake. The tower broke at the welds on each side below the disconect. The tower shakes way too much. I got it permanetly welded and it still broke!!! SeaDoo put a new tower on at the begining of last year and now I recieve the recall, and now I can't use the boat for the purpose I bought it...TOO WAKEBOARD!!!! I want my money back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Modcon500 View Post
    I have an 2006 Speedster wake. The tower broke at the welds on each side below the disconect. The tower shakes way too much. I got it permanetly welded and it still broke!!! SeaDoo put a new tower on at the begining of last year and now I recieve the recall, and now I can't use the boat for the purpose I bought it...TOO WAKEBOARD!!!! I want my money back!!!

i have a 08 model and still with bad tower on it!!
    and yes it shakes Waaaay too much more when you use it on the sea.
    what sollucion did you get????

ciao Jim

Happened to me in June at the start of our season. Tower on my 150 broke above the joint.

photos here: http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=61521

Yah, my tower shakes soooo much half the time I reach up and hold it. Thinking of a ratchet strap to the docking cleat to brace it, but ick.. come on..

+1
    Just got mine in the mail today. I have had no problems with my tower and I beat the sh*t out of the thing. I had 4 tubes pulling off the tower once this summer and had no problems.
    Now what i want to know is since the 09 has a black tower do you think thats what they will give me or will it be the same?

personally i find the black tower ugly, more when we will have to combine it with the alu colour off the boat defender bars

+1
    Same here, if it is black i want it all black so it looks like an 09 then. But i like the alum!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information