Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

What intake grate

O.K. I've been bothering everyone with this question. I want a different intake grate for my RXP-X. I'm trying to improve fuel mileage. I know the X boat sucks it down because it performs like a cat on fire but I spend long days on the water and don't want to worry about finding fuel docks, spending more for gas and I'm not strapping jugs on my X. Who makes a decent grate for mileage for about $160 and will I need a girdle?

+1
    For the money I would have to say the R&D grate will boost your mileage the best. I've heard the Worx gives you about .5-.7 more mph but less gas mileage although that seems a little counter intuitive. The R&D will boost you about 2 mph plus. The Worx costs a good bit more. They affect the ski's "hook up" and handling a little differently too. The Riva I know little about although it will boost speed and fuel economy too. Do a search on grates. They have all been talked about over and over on here.

+1
    I would think that the Riva would have best gas milage as it has the least amount of hook in chop so should have the least drag.

Your X boat has an improved ride plate that allows for less issue of intake grate coming off.
    Not sure if you need the girdle.

I have run a riva grate on my T-X and it will improve fuel consumption for sure.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by crueldude View Post
    O.K. I've been bothering everyone with this question. I want a different intake grate for my RXP-X. I'm trying to improve fuel mileage. I know the X boat sucks it down because it performs like a cat on fire but I spend long days on the water and don't want to worry about finding fuel docks, spending more for gas and I'm not strapping jugs on my X. Who makes a decent grate for mileage for about $160 and will I need a girdle?
    I went with the R&D grate on my p-x and never installed a girdle. I definately noticed an improvement in fuel economy but lost a bit of holeshot... I think i can go about 70 miles on a tank. (on avg)

+1
    There are no girdles for the X model skis nor do they need one. The mounting tab that the back of the grate bolts to is solid under all three bolts.

+1
    whats better grate though?excluding $ and milage?whats best handling and hook-up?
    always had riva grate on previous rxps but the stock grate never handled like a stock p-x grate so i think the riva would only be better on lake and not sea.

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    R&D has the best mileage and is better for the buck. Holeshot worse thanothers but very reliable safe great with good top end...All around great product...

Worx has Bad mileage like the stock grate. Buck issue has not been seen as of yet on it. Holeshot is great but not as good as the Stock grate. Good top end but hits a wall....Will not go past it either. Great Turning grate.

+1
    phoenix, have you tried a RIVA grate? Curious on your opinion of it if you have.

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MPower View Post
    phoenix, have you tried a RIVA grate? Curious on your opinion of it if you have.
    I have tried the RIVA and to be honest I would rather run an R&D or a WORX.....Just my opinion.....The RIVA Just doesnt deliver the benifits that the other 2 do....and from what I understand the RIVA is a hair on ticks butt faster but it would take you 1000's of feet to make it a difference....

2008 RXP-X
    I ended up going with the R&D because it works better in the chop on the lake I ride. The Riva came unhooked to easy.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information