+1

Question on 2rude

Has anyone run a 2rude charger with a riva ecu and 50lbs injectors, Or will I have to buy a rrfpr. I thought I read somewhere that you could maybe just run larger injectors. Thanks

+1
    The RIVA ECU and 50s are barely safe, if at all, with the RUDE 1 (atleast in cold weather). I'm not sure how well larger injectors would work with the RIVA ECU when it's mapped for 50s. Most, if not everyone, will tell you that you need to add the RRFPR. 55s will work in colder weather with the Rude 1. The 2 Rude is in a different class though.

id get the the rrfpr...

+1
    Vic, you will also need the RRFPR with the 2rude

+1
    RXPVIC,

Been running the Etech 140mm drop-in in my Rude Charger which I think is pretty close to what the 2Rude puts out. No problem for 2 months with the Riva ECU & 50# injectors. Depending on the weather the AFR's have been anywhere from 11.4 - 12.2 & this has been on the race course. I have a RRFPR & have not felt the need to put it in. I probably will eventually. Plugs have looked good & top of pistons have looked good. I will say I do put in a little race gas during a 1 hr. race just to cool things down a little during periods of extended stress. It would probably be safer to go ahead & use it if you are getting consistent boost over 13 # as in my area I hardly ever see anything more than 13+.
    Last edited by Poppa Dawg; 11-17-2008 at 10:20 PM. Reason: Add info.

+1
    You must have a stock intercooler or stock air intake or 120 degree water and air temperatures. If none of those are true then please check your exhaust manifold bell if it's stock. It might not be there anymore.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Poppa Dawg View Post
    RXPVIC,

Been running the Etech 140mm drop-in in my Rude Charger which I think is pretty close to what the 2Rude puts out. No problem for 2 months with the Riva ECU & 50# injectors. Depending on the weather the AFR's have been anywhere from 11.4 - 12.2 & this has been on the race course. I have a RRFPR & have not felt the need to put it in. I probably will eventually. Plugs have looked good & top of pistons have looked good. I will say I do put in a little race gas during a 1 hr. race just to cool things down a little during periods of extended stress. It would probably be safer to go ahead & use it if you are getting consistent boost over 13 # as in my area I hardly ever see anything more than 13+.
    Doug, the reason you have been able to get away with this is because the X models fuel pump is driven at 14.4 volts. The regular RXP/T pump runs at 12 volts.

X models use 42 lb injectors but they really flow 50 lb hr with the over driven fuel pump.

+1
    Guess I should have specified that I have a X boat. Sorry for any confusion. Put the RRFPR on & don't look back!

Thread Information