Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need More Help

Need More Help

OK everyone, I need help again making my 2001 GP1200R faster. Quick recap: thru everyones advise on the riva forum, I did the following mods to a bone stock ski last spring: Solas Concord 11/19 (pitched/balanced/race finished), R&D GP800R Two Bar Intake Grate, Riva GP1200R Ride Plate (I screwed this up by cutting off the extended center section-I know, live and learn), PPK, Waveater Stuff, D-Plate w/chip, R&D Extended Steering Nozzle. With the above mods I hit a top speed, on GPS, of 67.5mph. I know the first thing I must do is get a PET Tach to get some baseline numbers before I begin the second round of mods.
    Here's what I'm planning for this spring: R&D Trim Tabs and Ride Plate Trued, Angled and Polished, Jetworks Mod, Free Flow, Pro Tec Rec Head (already bought, got a good deal), Rejet Carbs with F/A, R&D Reed Stuffers. I'm not sure how to proceed with these mods, what order I should follow. Is it OK to do most of the mods in one shot? Jetworks, free flow and while the pipe is off do the head, f/a's and rejet? I've been confused by some of the recent posts on the Jetworks mod, remove bilge siphon and use that for thru hull fitting, then use duckbills? No need for an electric bilge? I've never had any problem with water intrusion. Will the 11/19 be alright or am I gonna need another prop? Do I need to do the hull reinforce?
    I'm in Central Pennsylvania 780' to 800' above sea level. Most of my riding is on glass to, maybe, 8" to 12" chop. I'm looking for pretty much all out speed. Locally there is only a seadoo dealer so I've gotta be faster than all the rxp's around here.
    Sorry to be so long winded, been thinking about this all winter and need all the expert help I can get.
    Thanks, all you guys, for all you do to keep the GPR platform at the forefront of pwc speed charts.

+1
    Highly recommended that you get a electric bilge pump. Plus you are going to be stuck at 68 mph with that prop. You may want to consider the VF-3 reed set up. They will give you awesome performance.

+1
    Oh, and Welcome by the way

+1
    an 11/19????? who had you put that on?????

just GOT TO DO IT! great lakes gpr 1200's Avatar
    I've got a solas concord 13/18 with 2 hours on it, that's what I ran with your set up, not sure if you want more than that,,

+1
    Welcome to the Forum

+1
    1. Buy a tach, get a gps

2. Ride plate.... test

3. Jet works mod..... test

4. Head, VF3, rejetted carbs, flame arrestors, dual fuel lines.....test

5. 14/20 depitched... test

6. modify stock timing curve.... test

R&D trim tabs?

+1
    I had a 2000 GPR... just about the same mods you have right now, stock intake grate, F/A, rejet, GroupK head, Boysen stuffers, and a Stinger 1 slowing it down, still hit 69.5 mph. I think with just fine tuning what I had that I had another 1 - 1.5 mph on there. You are on the right track.

About that bilge pump.... I did some work on mine, added the bilge pump too... when I put it in the water and started idling away, I said to myself, "hey, the bilge pump works; look at it pump that water out!" Then I said to myself, "Why is there water to pump out?" Turns out I had a hose clamp loose. Then on my new boat, it came in handy when I forgot to put the plugs in one day.

Moral of the story is, you don't need a bilge pump until you REALLY need a bilge pump.

I would do one mod at a time.

+1
    so where did the 11/19 come from?? That is not far from being close to a stock pitch.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information