Ecu,50lb,question

JUST WONDERING CAN RIVA ECU AND 50LB INJECTORS BE ADDED TO MY MACHINE,WITHOUT ANY INTERNAL UPGRADES,IE,VALVES,ECT,IM MODDED,WITH,C4,15/20,AIRFILTER,XS COOLER,GRATE ECT,IM A BIT WORRIED ABOUT HAVING TO OPEN UP THE ENGINE,AND RELIABILTY

+1
    You will have to install the Riva valve train upgrade. It's actually a very simple process and the head does not have to be removed. Riva makes a valve train upgrade tool

+1
    NO ,You have to get the Riva Valve train upgrade or you can and will float a valve..

Quote Originally Posted by snoman View Post
    no ,you have to get the riva valve train upgrade or you can and will float a valve..
    thanks,i might have to pay for that to be done im not sure how i would get on with that,

+1

You Can Do IT!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    thanks,i might have to pay for that to be done im not sure how i would get on with that,

Mark installing the Riva Valvetrain upgrade is so easy my GF did herself and she has never tooled anything before she did this upgrade.

Look at the photo -- super easy upgrade -- you just need to pick-up a torque wrench and a small air compressor (look at the cost of the tools as a freebie if you compare the costs of having someone do the upgrade for you)

Quote Originally Posted by rxpxseadog View Post
    Mark installing the Riva Valvetrain upgrade is so easy my GF did herself and she has never tooled anything before she did this upgrade.

Look at the photo -- super easy upgrade -- you just need to pick-up a torque wrench and a small air compressor (look at the cost of the tools as a freebie if you compare the costs of having someone do the upgrade for you)
    IM TEMPTED,DONT SPOSE YOU COULD LEND ME YOUR GF ONLY JOKING IF ITS THAT EASY I MIGHT TRY IT THANKS

+1
    The valve train upgrade is very easy.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by HOSS View Post
    The valve train upgrade is very easy.
    It really is ... just get the Riva tool, power up your compressor, and follow the directions. It is also helpful to have a little magnet for the valve keepers, they are very small and you don't want them falling into the head. Also before you do each valve, give the top of the valve/retainer a few light whacks (I used a socket over the retainer and a light hammer) to loosen the retainer a little. IF you pressurize a cylinder and start to compress the spring, and the valve stem does not stay up, stop, and smack the retainer a couple times, they occasionally stick a little and need a little persuasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vern View Post
    It really is ... just get the Riva tool, power up your compressor, and follow the directions. It is also helpful to have a little magnet for the valve keepers, they are very small and you don't want them falling into the head. Also before you do each valve, give the top of the valve/retainer a few light whacks (I used a socket over the retainer and a light hammer) to loosen the retainer a little. IF you pressurize a cylinder and start to compress the spring, and the valve stem does not stay up, stop, and smack the retainer a couple times, they occasionally stick a little and need a little persuasion.
    mmm,not sure,by the way your verdict on my exhaust code was spot on,every time i did spinnies,i got the code,wot,and doughnuts were fine,

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    mmm,not sure,by the way your verdict on my exhaust code was spot on,every time i did spinnies,i got the code,wot,and doughnuts were fine,
    Thanks, good to hear nothing was really wrong!

Thread Information