Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Air filter in a flap

SINCE I ADDED THE XS POWER COOLER I NOTICED THAT THE SOCK ON THE FILTER SUCKS IN REALLY HARD,AND WHEN I LET OFF IT FLAPS LIKE A BIRD DOING A MAD ONE,ALLSO THERE IS A SLIGHT INCREASE IN NOISE,BY THAT I MEAN AIR FLOW NOISE,IN AND OUT,,ANY IDEAS? THE SKI RUNS FINE,EVEN IF I REMOVE THE SOCK THE NOISE PERSISTS,BUT RUNS OK,SHOULD I GO 4INCH,OR BLOW OFF VALVE OR BOTH,IM RUNNING THE RIVA POWER FILTER

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Loose the sock atleast... it's very restrictive, thats why it sucks in

You would see noticeable improvments with a 4" intake... I had the riva power filter & switched to 4"

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post

You would see noticeable improvments with a 4" intake... I had the riva power filter & switched to 4"

+1...Remove the prefilter. Go 4"

IM RUNNING 8160/8180 WHICH IM GONA TONE DOWN A BIT,I THOUGHT THE 4INCH,WOULD GIVE ME MORE REVS,DOES THE BLOW OFF VALVE HELP WITH THROTTLE DOWN

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    IM RUNNING 8160/8180 WHICH IM GONA TONE DOWN A BIT,I THOUGHT THE 4INCH,WOULD GIVE ME MORE REVS,DOES THE BLOW OFF VALVE HELP WITH THROTTLE DOWN
    The 4" set-up may give you 50 rpm or so... but thats a good thing Tweak that prop for it I was running a BOV only when I was still running ceramic washers (to try to take some load off of them)... ditched it after going to metal washers. You will hear even more air noise with the 4" deal... but it sounds awesome

The 4" set-up may give you 50 rpm or so... but thats a good thing Tweak that prop for it I was running a BOV only when I was still running ceramic washers (to try to take some load off of them)... ditched it after going to metal washers. You will hear even more air noise with the 4" deal... but it sounds awesome
    NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOOOOOOOD,SERIOUSLY DO YOU THINK NOT TO BOTHER WITH THE BOV,I HAVE METAL WASHERS

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    NOW THAT SOUNDS GOOOOOOOOD,SERIOUSLY DO YOU THINK NOT TO BOTHER WITH THE BOV,I HAVE METAL WASHERS
    I think most people here will tell you to not bother with a BOV.... It's just one more thing to worry about and question for boost leaks.

They appear to sound good in theory... but I question how affective they are in doing any good???

Quote Originally Posted by jpeconsult View Post
    +1...Remove the prefilter. Go 4"
    IF I REMOVE THE PRE FILTER COULD WATER BE SUCKED THROUGH THE FILTER I RIDE IN THE SEA AND GET PLENTY OF WATER SOAKING ME AND THE BOAT,OBVIOUSLY SOME FINDS ITS WAY INTO THE HOLE AND SPLASHES THE FILTER THE WAY ITS SUCKING COULD I GET ANY PROBS,I WAS THINKING OF LIGHTLY SPRAYING THE FILTER WITH A WD40 TYPE SPRAY BEFORE I GO OUT EACH TIME

i'd like to know the answer to that same question about removing the sock and getting water in. The only differance with me is that i'm running in fresh water 100% and i may get some splash when i'm digging in corners or there a big chop.

ICEMAN

Quote Originally Posted by iceman1998 View Post
    i'd like to know the answer to that same question about removing the sock and getting water in. The only differance with me is that i'm running in fresh water 100% and i may get some splash when i'm digging in corners or there a big chop.

ICEMAN
    ITS AN INTERESTING ONE,I THOUGHT THAT A LIGHT WATER REPPELLENT SPRAY,REGULARY APPLIED MIGHT BE THE WAY TO GO,I HAVE FOUND THAT THE SALT WATER THAT DRYS ON THE SOCK LEAVES SALT,I RINSE IT IN FRESH WATER AND DRY IT BEFORE IT GOES BACK ON,IT ALLWAYS BREATHS EASIER AFTER A CLEAN

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information