+1

Homemade Square Tubing Bender

I was wondering if any one in this forum has figured out how to bend square or rectangular tubing for trailer construction. Now I know that there are some high dollar industrial machines that will do it, but surely some one has figured out a way to bend it cheaply. Any ideas?????????

+1
    http://www.gottrikes.com/

he's got some free plans.

Jared of Oklahoma

Tubing bender plans

Quote Originally Posted by ADSR View Post
    http://www.gottrikes.com/

he's got some free plans.
    this bender looks awesome, I ordered the plans today. I plan to build the air powered version of this bender so that I can start making jetski steps and sell them for a discount here on Greenhulk. I will let you know what I think of the quality of the plans and of course post pics as I build the bender. You must either know how to weld or know a good welder to use these plans. Let me know if you have any questions. or if you live close to me come on over and I will help you build one.

Jared

Quote Originally Posted by jarcynvicnchris93 View Post
    this bender looks awesome, I ordered the plans today. I plan to build the air powered version of this bender so that I can start making jetski steps and sell them for a discount here on Greenhulk. I will let you know what I think of the quality of the plans and of course post pics as I build the bender. You must either know how to weld or know a good welder to use these plans. Let me know if you have any questions. or if you live close to me come on over and I will help you build one.

Jared
    can you really beat the price of the harbour freight pneumatic/hydraulic bender$$? ps PWC steps are very Dependant on proper hull angles so you need the correct shim or angle otherwise they bind and won't do the full range of motion

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jarcynvicnchris93 View Post

Jared
    The round tube bender from frank can't be beat for the money. I know a lot of bro's who have built it and say it's the best out there.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by ZMANN View Post
    can you really beat the price of the harbour freight pneumatic/hydraulic bender$$? ps PWC steps are very Dependant on proper hull angles so you need the correct shim or angle otherwise they bind and won't do the full range of motion
    The HF benders are shit. They all crimp the shit out of the pipe. If you need a cheap bender and fill the pipe with sand, they will do the job. But franks benders are top of the line.

MAC TOOL'S stole his design and was selling his benders for 2K.

I don't think they are selling them anymore.

+1

Benders

Thanks to ADSR for the link to the bender. I would love to hear from someone who has built one and see what they think of its performance. The only bender I was aware that Harbor Freight sold is a PIPE bender- that is round pipe- not tubing. As was stated in this thread a pipe bender works very poorly on tubing. Just so evey one knows- pipe is measured by inside diameter, tubing is measured by outside diameter. I have managed to aquire a two inch square by six inch radius die off Ebay. We use it in our press and it does make a crisp bend in .125 wall /2 inch square tubing but does distort the walls of the tubing to some degree. Still looking for something that will bend 1 1/2 or 2 inch by three tubing to build trailer side rails out of........Steve

I just checked out the pics of the bender in the link! That is frigging sweet!

Thread Information