help im in a panic

alright i just tryed to fill my motor with coolant and i took the black plug off the top of the exhaust and hooked a hose to it sealed it with a hose clamp and then i fired up the motor then i poured the coolant down the hose well i would say all of it ran out the impeller nozel and all over the floor does this seem right???? i would have thought it would run out the exhaust.. and i would not have expected that much to run out. helllppppp.

I seem to remember someone saying to pour the coolant in until it flows out the pisser. I don't recall starting it up.

can somone confirm this?

here's the link to a post regarding winterizing. Check page 2
    http://www.greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=74375

holy crap i started that thread along time ago i cant beleive it is still on the front page the first couple posts just left me with more ? but wow it grew into some good info huh.. i guess i should have looked for it.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hayabusarider View Post
    I seem to remember someone saying to pour the coolant in until it flows out the pisser. I don't recall starting it up.
    WHAT?!?!?

NEVER pour any liquids into the cooling system unless the engine is running! Doing otherwise could let fill the cylinders with water/antifreeze.

Quote Originally Posted by steve45 View Post
    WHAT?!?!?

NEVER pour any liquids into the cooling system unless the engine is running! Doing otherwise could let fill the cylinders with water/antifreeze.
    See this post from history. You were part of this post. This is where I saw the converstaion about pouring anti freeze during winterize.
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by chinhminhdo
    I'm also one who need to perform his 1st winterization. I read the post here and have some questions to make sure I don't mess thing up.

(Re-phase the steps from btldigger's post and have inline questions)

1. Add Stabilizer to the fuel and let it wun on the flush hose a coupld of minute
    Question: Do I need to buy a flush kit or a normal garden hose would be fine?

I have no clue how the ultra are set-up. But if its easier for you to add it to the tank then just take it to the lake one last time then thats fine too. It can be driven with stabilizer in the fuel...

2. Then shut the water off and use a hose and funnel to pour some pink rv antifreze in the flush fitting.
    Question: How much do I need to pour antifreeze in? Doing this step will also flush the antifreeze out of the cooling system, so there should be no antifreeze in the cooling system, is it correct?

This is the last step you do.Yes there needs to be anti-freeze in the engine..so the engine should not be started after this is done or it will flush all the coolant out. But just pour in the line until it starts to come out the pisser.

3. Next step is to fog the motor with fogging oil. Spray some in the carbs while it is running then shut it off and spray more in the spark plug holes.
    Question: Do I need to open the carbs off to spray the fogging oil?

You mean, give it more throttle while running or while its off open the throttle and spray some in there? Spraying some in there while its just at idle will be fine. It just keeps moisture out and seals from drying out.

General question: I live in Austin, Texas, and the weather will not go below freezing temperature, worst case we will have only a few days per winter. Do I still need to winterize my Ultra 150?

I live in college station, tx and never winterized my ski last year. The next season it started right up and never had a problem. Im not saying you shouldn't but it really doesnt get that cold in south texas. I always make sure all the water is completely out of the engine by starting the ski up a few times a week the first week i have put it up. Then you can just spray some wd-40 or fogging oil in the carbs and cyl's...

Thx.

look above..

johnson7454View Public ProfileSend a private message to johnson7454Find More Posts by johnson7454Add johnson7454 to Your Contacts
    09-24-2008, 10:21 PM #10 steve45

Quote:
    Originally Posted by johnson7454
    Just spray some wd-40 in the carbs and inside the pistons. But fogging oil is just fine it just make it a little hard to start the next time. The fuel stabilizer is a most though...

I would NEVER spray WD-40 into my engine! That stuff dries out and turns into a gummy mess. Come to think of it, there really isn't much I WOULD use WD-40 for.

+1
    I guess I don't have a clue about what you're asking. You are intermingling threads and mis-quoting when you 're-phrase' statements.

Perhaps btldigger was less than clear when he said to turn the water off and pour in RV antifreeze. He did NOT say to shut the engine off! Again, don't put liquids into the cooling system unless the engine is running. If it takes you a minute or two to switch from water to antifreeze, shut off the water, then shut off the engine. Get ready with the antifreeze, start the engine, pour in the antifreeze, stop with the antifreeze, rev the engine a couple of times and shut it off.

Antifreeze probably isn't necessary if you rev the engine a few times, but I feel better when I use it.

Again, do NOT spray WD-40 in your engine (carbs or sparkplug holes). Use fogging oil, it's made for this purpose.

This really isn't difficult.

Thread Information