Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

water line on 951 on bottom case not connected to anything!

i have a 98 xpl, blew the engine, pulled it out to change all the fuel lines. they have a line on the opposite side of the starter side that was connected(on bottom end), im guessin some kinda draining line. well i found out that it did not run to anything, it was just sitting underneath the gastank unconnected. It doesnt say where it should be connected to in the book? any ideas? this is a drain line right?

Probabaly the drain line from the cylinders, should go back and drain into the exhaust.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrassr07 View Post
    i have a 98 xpl, blew the engine, pulled it out to change all the fuel lines. they have a line on the opposite side of the starter side that was connected(on bottom end), im guessin some kinda draining line. well i found out that it did not run to anything, it was just sitting underneath the gastank unconnected. It doesnt say where it should be connected to in the book? any ideas? this is a drain line right?
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear.

Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear.
    i go ya. its been unhooked since i bought the ski apparently because it looks like the line connected was way to short to reach to the back of the ski. i guess that could be why i always had water in the ski?

Check to make sure it's not the battery vent line coming loose at the hull vent. On my 98 GSXL the battery vent line runs up alittle past halfway on the starter side then vents throught the hull vent hole. Maybe the XPL is the same ??

Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    Check to make sure it's not the battery vent line coming loose at the hull vent. On my 98 GSXL the battery vent line runs up alittle past halfway on the starter side then vents throught the hull vent hole. Maybe the XPL is the same ??
    dont think its that because that line was connected to the crankcase on the opposite side of the starter, the only outlet on that side

+1
    run a new hose the proper length to the pump support as mentioned.

In some manuals it does show the line being connected to the exhaust elbow but not in the xpl's

TLR

+1
    Is it a black hose or a clear hose? How big is the hose? If its a black hose and its big, it goes to the middle of the exhaust pipe, right where the two pipes meet. If its clear, then its the cylinder drainage. The nipple should be on the side of the cylinders opposite the carbs, just feel down there you'll find it.
    SHOOTER

Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Is it a black hose or a clear hose? How big is the hose? If its a black hose and its big, it goes to the middle of the exhaust pipe, right where the two pipes meet. If its clear, then its the cylinder drainage. The nipple should be on the side of the cylinders opposite the carbs, just feel down there you'll find it.
    SHOOTER
    engines out of the ski, i blew it, when i took it out it was connected to the fitting on the same side the cylinders to the crankcase, its a brownish clear hose, it deffinately goes to the crank case my question was where did it run to, but i think one of yall said to the rear of the ski right below the trim or steering?

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrassr07 View Post
    engines out of the ski, i blew it, when i took it out it was connected to the fitting on the same side the cylinders to the crankcase, its a brownish clear hose, it deffinately goes to the crank case my question was where did it run to, but i think one of yall said to the rear of the ski right below the trim or steering?
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information