Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 36
  1. #1
    abarrassr07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424

    water line on 951 on bottom case not connected to anything!

    i have a 98 xpl, blew the engine, pulled it out to change all the fuel lines. they have a line on the opposite side of the starter side that was connected(on bottom end), im guessin some kinda draining line. well i found out that it did not run to anything, it was just sitting underneath the gastank unconnected. It doesnt say where it should be connected to in the book? any ideas? this is a drain line right?


  2. #2
    Probabaly the drain line from the cylinders, should go back and drain into the exhaust.

  3. #3
    SURFnTURF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    879
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrassr07 View Post
    i have a 98 xpl, blew the engine, pulled it out to change all the fuel lines. they have a line on the opposite side of the starter side that was connected(on bottom end), im guessin some kinda draining line. well i found out that it did not run to anything, it was just sitting underneath the gastank unconnected. It doesnt say where it should be connected to in the book? any ideas? this is a drain line right?
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear.

  4. #4
    abarrassr07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by SURFnTURF View Post
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear.
    i go ya. its been unhooked since i bought the ski apparently because it looks like the line connected was way to short to reach to the back of the ski. i guess that could be why i always had water in the ski?

  5. #5
    Check to make sure it's not the battery vent line coming loose at the hull vent. On my 98 GSXL the battery vent line runs up alittle past halfway on the starter side then vents throught the hull vent hole. Maybe the XPL is the same ??

  6. #6
    abarrassr07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by RacingJake View Post
    Check to make sure it's not the battery vent line coming loose at the hull vent. On my 98 GSXL the battery vent line runs up alittle past halfway on the starter side then vents throught the hull vent hole. Maybe the XPL is the same ??
    dont think its that because that line was connected to the crankcase on the opposite side of the starter, the only outlet on that side

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    441
    +1
    1
    run a new hose the proper length to the pump support as mentioned.

    In some manuals it does show the line being connected to the exhaust elbow but not in the xpl's

    TLR

  8. #8
    2000 GPRXP 4tec shooter98xpl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Charleston SC
    Posts
    2,717
    +1
    3
    Is it a black hose or a clear hose? How big is the hose? If its a black hose and its big, it goes to the middle of the exhaust pipe, right where the two pipes meet. If its clear, then its the cylinder drainage. The nipple should be on the side of the cylinders opposite the carbs, just feel down there you'll find it.
    SHOOTER

  9. #9
    abarrassr07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    424
    Quote Originally Posted by shooter98xpl View Post
    Is it a black hose or a clear hose? How big is the hose? If its a black hose and its big, it goes to the middle of the exhaust pipe, right where the two pipes meet. If its clear, then its the cylinder drainage. The nipple should be on the side of the cylinders opposite the carbs, just feel down there you'll find it.
    SHOOTER
    engines out of the ski, i blew it, when i took it out it was connected to the fitting on the same side the cylinders to the crankcase, its a brownish clear hose, it deffinately goes to the crank case my question was where did it run to, but i think one of yall said to the rear of the ski right below the trim or steering?

  10. #10
    SURFnTURF's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    879
    +1
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by abarrassr07 View Post
    engines out of the ski, i blew it, when i took it out it was connected to the fitting on the same side the cylinders to the crankcase, its a brownish clear hose, it deffinately goes to the crank case my question was where did it run to, but i think one of yall said to the rear of the ski right below the trim or steering?
    This is purely a drain for the bottom of the cylinder water jackets which empties via the upper half of the top crank case out to the rear of the pump outlet, looking at the pump from the rear of the ski it should be on the right hand side just below the trim lever arm.When you run it on the hose this should shoot water out the rear

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. GP1200R. Slight throw on coupler shaft that connects to engine??
    By Cameron-Sangan in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 04:24 AM
  2. 1994 SL750 - 'Extra' hose on PTO carburetor not connected
    By almehring in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-28-2012, 12:18 PM
  3. How do you route the water lines on a water cooled SC???
    By geowelsh in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 03-24-2012, 11:44 PM
  4. Two oil lines on bottom half of 787 engine
    By dannyual777 in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-26-2012, 07:19 PM
  5. How Many Water Lines on Ultra Need Grocos?
    By Blue 182 in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 11:10 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •