Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: ultra 150 use?

ultra 150 use?

Can the ultra 150 be used as a every day riding jetski? Will it stand up to the abuse like doing dounts, jumping waves, riding hard with two people aboard. I have been riding a waveraider for the last three years and it takes the abuse. Im not talking this little run around take a turn or two abuse. I mean noise under water, doing a 360 then full throttle the other way, doing dounts with you standing on one side, leave blisters on your hands abuse. I did noticed during the summer that it felt underpowered when riding hard with two people up. Though i believe my bearings are going out.

It wouldn't be my first choice for a play ski but, in my opinion, Yes. Of course with any ski you would want to make sure not to water in the hull while playing around.

Riding two people would depend on the weight. I believe the weight limit on an Ultra 150 is 330 lbs.

The Ultra is going to have alot more power than most skis and you might find yourself with more blisters than normal. Or taking an unexpected swim.

Yes,all day every day if i could.Great for play because it is very powerful and manuverable.At times i have ridden mine very hard.Hoping some day something will break so i can start to put some mods on the engine.

As for riding w/2 people, mine and my wifes combined weight is about 325 lbs.A little scetchy on loading or getting off.It also seems to porpose alot at low speeds so i have to trim down all the way. But at cruising speeds lots of fun when jumping waves.

Best of all there is nothing better than having my wife on the ski w/me and some young guy pull up beside me wanting to race thinking since i have 2 on my ski and him by himself he just cant lose, WRONG.First i let him think hes got me and then SEE YA.

Good luck

well i have an ultra 150 but didnt really get to drive it alot this summer due to getting it in sept. I really ride hard on my waveraider but really dont worry about anything breaking. Im just worried if i ride the ultra 150 that hard something will break. The reason i ask is cause i know the newer skis arent made to play on.

+1
    Most of my riding is jumping and donuts. Modified trim sure helps, too!

I've had my 02' ultra 150 for 4 years now and have raced it for 2 years and wavejump every other weekend plus do 50 mile wot cruises....she now has 140 hours and has not missed a beat....as long as your do regular checks and maintenance she will be fine esp the oil lines and use full synth oil

Quote Originally Posted by moveme View Post
    I've had my 02' ultra 150 for 4 years now and have raced it for 2 years and wavejump every other weekend plus do 50 mile wot cruises....she now has 140 hours and has not missed a beat....as long as your do regular checks and maintenance she will be fine esp the oil lines and use full synth oil

thanks...that the kind of abuse im talking about...now i may rest in peace...

Quote Originally Posted by johnson7454 View Post
    thanks...that the kind of abuse im talking about...now i may rest in peace...
    i flush my ski every use and check her over before putting her in the garage paying attention to oil and fuel lines plus i use a battery optimiser so it doesn't go flat..

ultra abuse

Hi my name is Patrick and I abuse my ski!!! I just had to admit that before saying that no one rides as hard as I do and my ultra 1999 is the best ski I have owned it holds up very well. Note: If you use 91, 93 octane fuel and mix a little extra oil in the gas it will add a little safety margin for the engine. They were made to ride so let it have it.

Quote Originally Posted by ultraskiit View Post
    Hi my name is Patrick and I abuse my ski!!! I just had to admit that before saying that no one rides as hard as I do and my ultra 1999 is the best ski I have owned it holds up very well. Note: If you use 91, 93 octane fuel and mix a little extra oil in the gas it will add a little safety margin for the engine. They were made to ride so let it have it.
    thats funny...my name is patrick. im sure alot of guys here will disagree and say they ride harder...thanks for the info guys...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information