Riva Sponson Install Question

Man I feel stupid. I can't figure out how to get the Riva sponson backing to align with the studs sticking out of the hull. I cleaned off the silicone, got them straight and is still just dosen't align perfect. Is there something I'm missing? I have read the instructions over and over and still can't figure it out. Has anyone else ran into this? I'm kind of tired and frustrated, so this might be part of it. I just figured I'd thow them on real quick and it's kicking my butt.

+1

Riva Sponsons

Robbie,

I had the same problem on my RXP-X.
    There seems to be an alignment problem with the Riva backing plate. I think the plastic is slightly bent or warped or simply mis-aligned so it doesn't match up very well.
    I played with mine for a long time then I finally snugged up the rear three studs in place and used a small hydraulic jack to gently push the front end of the backing plate up about an 1/8 of an inch and then snugged it up into place on that stud and then tightened the whole mess down and I was done. FYI

Gord

I too had this problem with the Riva backing/mount. The right side went on easily, but the left was very warped. I have a double trailer with a center walk/plank, so my dad used a 2 x 4 to push it into position while I started the fasteners. Whew, that was a chore, but got it together with no issues to date. Just one of those things I guess.

Thanks for the help. I didn't even try anymore today. I was also thinking I might try to open the opening a little bit on the back of the Riva mount. I really don't see why it has to be as tight of a fit as it is. Maybe just open it up a hair. Does anyone see a problem with me doing that?

+1

Sponsons

Just give it a little english like we said. The small jack works great and it will push it into place just fine. No other mods necessary.

Thread Information