Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

jet ski blues...

hey all.
    im just looking for a bit of help or advice from anyone as my jet ski is playing up and i think the yamaha dealer is trying to milk me for cash. heres the story so far... about 3 weeks ago i bought a 98' gp1200 jet ski with 30hrs on original engine. took it for run everything was like clock work. then when i took it out the fuel sencer broke so i took it into the dealers to fix it. the put a new sencer in and ever since i got it back it hasnt been running the same. when i pull the throttle its not responsive straight away and just stalls. so i took it back in and they said it was only running on two cylinders. then he took out the plugs and was starting it without them in and then it stopped working all together. so now i have a jet ski thatdoesnt work at all. if anyone has any advice on what may be a possible cause for it not staring it would be greatly appreciated. also if there is any easy way to fix the problem i would love to know. reguards

i dont know but any dealership is gonna cost you twice as much as doing it yourself of paying a friend or even someone on here. Rule of thumb , unless its under warranty then dont take it to a dealership. They always find more wrong then what you went in there for.

+1
    He may have reversed the fuel lines when he put the fuel sensor back into the tank. When you say it does not run...it does'nt crank? Does it not start up but turn over? Whats the deal Eskimo?

Quote Originally Posted by Pistonwash View Post
    He may have reversed the fuel lines when he put the fuel sensor back into the tank.
    Good guess! or kinked a line etc

doesnt start at all now mate. it makes a kind of click sound i;'m thinking now it something in the electrics.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    doesnt start at all now mate. it makes a kind of click sound i;'m thinking now it something in the electrics.
    Check the charge on the battery...then check your starter relay, they have been prone to go bad. It is in your electrical box. I would still check the fuel lines...see if they are where they are supposed to be. Line out, reserve and return...make sure they going where they are supposed to go. Check fuel filter and water seperator. If you don't have a manual, get one, this will be a tremendous help in the future.

righto i'll havea look at all that. thanks

where are you mate?

townsville, australia

+1
    Bren hes your way iam sure you can help him out

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information