Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

BS on GH / MACH1

Brian, Frank, Jerry, Nils, and all the others i've talked to on these sites.....some in person, some only on the forums....I, myself, appreciate everything you have ALL done for our beloved sport....and can say that each of you have been cool and honest with me anytime Ive ever had a question. All have always answered me quickly and positively. I know I don't post alot.....most of the time im a PM guy (of which I hope doesn't bother you all) and you all seem to have the same mentality.....which is to help all who come along with good information gleaned from experience and your positive love for this sport.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who hates seeing all this bickering between these 2 sites. Not saying YOU guys are by any means the cause, and please don't take offense. I realize that many people have allegiances to one or the other of the two sites, and many continue to enjoy feeding the fire between the two. Why? Is it fun? Do you enjoy it? It seems to be all he said she said BS.

To all those who know what i'm talking about, and i'm not trying to single anyone out..... I hate to say it but both of these sites are here to stay......and the people here will continue to build new products. Of course one will ALWAYS be just a little betteruntil the other builds his next new and better product. Why fight about it?

Everyone is here for the love of this sport.....we all love to ride, tinker, go fast, ect. All the bashing between the people on these sites just brings the sport down. The calling out, the trash talking, gets old after awhile....at least to me. Though i'm sure there are others who feel the same ( I hope), and would love to see the end of it.

Well, thanks for letting me ramble on, again, I appreciate ALL that each of you guys do for this sport and for giving all of us a place to talk, learn and meet friends.

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    +1

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You got to remember it is no different then the past Presidential election. When one entity trails another, whether it's an election or a business, and there are only so many votes, or customers, the mud slinging will happen. This is a very small sport, person wise, and any advantage, someone trying to get the majority of the business, they will take. It's no different than any other business. Restaurants do it to each other. When I worked at Autozone, back in the day, they would send me to Advance and NAPA to do price comparisons, ask certain questions about parts to the counter guys to see their responses and look for other things that could give us a leg up on the competition. People can preach all the love and "can't we get along" all they want. The reality is this type of stuff will continue to happen as long as people are trying to pay their bills.

Well said JeffTurbo601,but it will aways will be there I just wish it would never get this bad.

Jeff,
    I agree with you but, Sometimes it is necesary to put a light on someones actions... This sport gets hurt when good people get screwed over by Scumbags.... It might even cause someone to give up because they dont have the $ to recoop....I am glad that others are posting their experiences... This makes it eazier to stay clear of rip-offs and con-men... I know personally of actions Brian has taken to manipulate the truth to people on this forum...He is someone that I dont want anything to do with... My feelings of him were comfirmed by seeing others views and experiences with him... It is something I encorage to help the sport... It would suck to use your "last couple of bucks" to get back into the sport, only to get "taken for a ride".... This would be the last straw for some....

Quote Originally Posted by JeffTurbo601 View Post
    Brian, Frank, Jerry, Nils, and all the others i've talked to on these sites.....some in person, some only on the forums....I, myself, appreciate everything you have ALL done for our beloved sport....and can say that each of you have been cool and honest with me anytime Ive ever had a question. All have always answered me quickly and positively. I know I don't post alot.....most of the time im a PM guy (of which I hope doesn't bother you all) and you all seem to have the same mentality.....which is to help all who come along with good information gleaned from experience and your positive love for this sport.

I'm sure i'm not the only one who hates seeing all this bickering between these 2 sites. Not saying YOU guys are by any means the cause, and please don't take offense. I realize that many people have allegiances to one or the other of the two sites, and many continue to enjoy feeding the fire between the two. Why? Is it fun? Do you enjoy it? It seems to be all he said she said BS.

To all those who know what i'm talking about, and i'm not trying to single anyone out..... I hate to say it but both of these sites are here to stay......and the people here will continue to build new products. Of course one will ALWAYS be just a little betteruntil the other builds his next new and better product. Why fight about it?

Everyone is here for the love of this sport.....we all love to ride, tinker, go fast, ect. All the bashing between the people on these sites just brings the sport down. The calling out, the trash talking, gets old after awhile....at least to me. Though i'm sure there are others who feel the same ( I hope), and would love to see the end of it.

Well, thanks for letting me ramble on, again, I appreciate ALL that each of you guys do for this sport and for giving all of us a place to talk, learn and meet friends.
    Im with you on this one Jeff but Jesse also has a point. Unfortunately I don't see this changing anytime soon. But I have to say I'll stick with Jerry for me he's the go to guy, dependable, reliable . IMHO.

Disclosure

No one is benefiting from the bickering. It reflects poorly on all. I am impressed with the proprietor of this board and his shop's dedication to customer service ... so much better to take the high road although I admit in some situations the temptation to engage is overwhelming.

I see this brooha as a side issue to a larger issue one encounters with enthusiast sites such as this (and this is one of the best!). One sees a lot personal review material posted which is truly valuable, unfortunately posters are not in the habit of disclosing affiliations, relationships, sponsorships, whether their opinion is based on conjecture or acutal experience, etc... not that their opinions are purposely tainted, just helps one to know which grains of salt to take their opinion with. One needs to know where biases lie - one often gets a glimpse with via the items in a person's sig.
    If the original "comparison" threads in question had been posted with disclosure statements perhaps the flap would have been all the less. If there were a standard of transparency in posting review material the SC runoff threads would probably have been discounted by the community as they were conducted by a highly affiliated source.

Your thoughts?

Brian & Jerry were working together for a long time! Everything was fine, untill there was a big argument & Brian opened up his own site! Now that they split up there is nothing but turmoil b/w them!! They are both very knowledgable & we need to respect both of them!! I think this is getting a little out of hand, we are all grown adults & we need to grow up & stop acting like kids!! If there are personal problems that should be b/w you & that person & not drag it to the site & share your problems with the world!! Both Brian & Jerry have excellent parts!! Sometimes Brian is not very attentive to his phone due to the fact that he has another business that consumes his time, however, he will respond when he gets a chance!!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by FAST RXP View Post
    Brian & Jerry were working together for a long time! Everything was fine, untill there was a big argument & Brian opened up his own site! Now that they split up there is nothing but turmoil b/w them!!

Just to clarify one thing. I never had a grudge against Brian. He's got the grudge and vendetta against me. He got bent out of shape when Nils decided to sell Rude chargers direct to me. That's when he opened his own site to spite me, bash me, make allegations about this forum and how it is run, etc. You know the story Jimmy, you told me all about the way he felt about me.

+1
    one more thing and I will shut up. Alex decided to come clean and tell us all the truth about what happened. This was in no way to start a mud slinging fest between this site and Brian's. The mud slinging started on Brian's site and escalated from there. I prefer to not have the drama at all but at the same time Alex deserves the respect of having his say to clear his name as he ate a lot of shit from the members here.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information