Ati freeze my cooler

HAS ANYBODY GOT A TIP ON HOW TO GET ANTI FREEZE INTO MY XS COOLER,IM BIT UNSURE HOW TO,I USUALLY EMPTY THEN LOAD A HOSE PIPE WITH IT,RUN THE SKI TILL IT COMES OUT THE EXHAUST THEN,CUT THE ENGINE,WOULD THIS SUFFICE,OR IS THERE A BETTER WAY

+1
    Take the hose that comes from the pump to the cooler off at the pump. Pull it out of the ski but leave it attached to the cooler. Put a funnel in the end of the hose and hold the hose up above the ski and pour anti freeze into the funnel. It will then go to everywhere it needs to go in the cooling system

Quote Originally Posted by GOLD06RXP View Post
    Take the hose that comes from the pump to the cooler off at the pump. Pull it out of the ski but leave it attached to the cooler. Put a funnel in the end of the hose and hold the hose up above the ski and pour anti freeze into the funnel. It will then go to everywhere it needs to go in the cooling system
    THANKS MAN,

Banned User
    +1
    You should have a strainer before the XS, so pullthe line that goes from the strainer to the XS off the strainer...Use a funnel to pour in the freeze...Let it burp the air out until it will no longer go down...

At this point, I do 2 things....1) I place a bucked underneath my exhaust outlet, and 2) I blow into the hose to push the freeze into the system further...

If you use compressed air, it rockets out too fast...I keep filling and applying pressure until freeze starts to drip out the exhaust...It first should come out with water, then freeze...

You can reconnect the line to the strainer....BUT, DO NOT put the clear strainer bowl back on...The Antifeeze will errode the plastic of the strainer...Just leave the clear bowl and screen in your glove box...

Then spring time, simply attach the bowl, then the hose, fire it up...

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    You should have a strainer before the XS, so pullthe line that goes from the strainer to the XS off the strainer...Use a funnel to pour in the freeze...Let it burp the air out until it will no longer go down...

At this point, I do 2 things....1) I place a bucked underneath my exhaust outlet, and 2) I blow into the hose to push the freeze into the system further...

If you use compressed air, it rockets out too fast...I keep filling and applying pressure until freeze starts to drip out the exhaust...It first should come out with water, then freeze...

You can reconnect the line to the strainer....BUT, DO NOT put the clear strainer bowl back on...The Antifeeze will errode the plastic of the strainer...Just leave the clear bowl and screen in your glove box...

Then spring time, simply attach the bowl, then the hose, fire it up...
    thanks very much,think thats 4 me

Thread Information