Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Free flow bog

Free flow bog

Ok guys, the only engine related mod is the rive free flow and df 13/19 prop. The ski has a slight bog in the mid range. Ive been told the efi will take this away. Any advice on initial settings. Ski is a 08 gpr @ sea level in Scotland.
    Cheers

Do a search on posts by Abbott. He was great with the EFI setup.

Search WFO too!

I have has a good search through the forum. All the settings are for more mods than mine.
    Cheers

+1
    take the free flow and your ski will go better .

Quote Originally Posted by Mik72e View Post
    take the free flow and your ski will go better .
    huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Pale Rider View Post
    huh?
    I think he mean take the free flow off. If you have that and a prop you might as well go all the way like I am. Get the holeshot kit, D-plate, and air filter. Youll need the EFI with those anyway. And im sure you have an intake grate. Pump plug kit and tunnell reinforcement also and thats a great start. Also metal steering nozzle would be nice also.

+1
    Sorry guys must have have one to many when i wrote that

Yes take the free flow off

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by jcorallo View Post
    I think he mean take the free flow off. If you have that and a prop you might as well go all the way like I am. Get the holeshot kit, D-plate, and air filter. Youll need the EFI with those anyway. And im sure you have an intake grate. Pump plug kit and tunnell reinforcement also and thats a great start. Also metal steering nozzle would be nice also.

You do not need an E.F.I control with your mods.

Unless you have high comp timing and reed you do not need a and even then i have seen ski run without any issue without an EFI for hours on end.

With a Free Flow lots of timing reeds and porting that s when its needed.

+1
    My 04 felt a bit 'dead' on takeoff, and although a efi controller is not needed, putting one on really got the low end a lot crisper.
    They are quite lean from the factory for emissions reasons, and untill I fitted the efi controller, I was a great believer in not needing it untill major mods done.-I stand corrected-it's worth doing.
    While your there, stick a D-plate in there (no need for bypass chip), and give it some more air with a new filter. Race or performance-it's your choice. Race is slightly better, but a lot dearer, and if your not going to do much more modding, the perf one is probably ok.
    Get them here at Gerry's store and use the coupon code 'Greenhulk' for an extra 10% off.
    Shiping over to the UK is not a problem-Ive bought stuff myself from Gerry.
    I can't find my notes on what settings to start at, and Iv'e sold the ski.
    I'll dig the notes out and let you know settings, but bear in mind every controller is sligtly different, so don't take them as gospel!
    P.S.
    Just noticed you said you have a 08 and a 13/19 prop-are you sure it's a 13/19??, cause if it is, you may have a wrong prop.
    Please check and let us know the full code
    Last edited by Mongoose; 11-23-2008 at 05:07 AM. Reason: See P.S.

Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    My 04 felt a bit 'dead' on takeoff, and although a efi controller is not needed, putting one on really got the low end a lot crisper.
    They are quite lean from the factory for emissions reasons, and untill I fitted the efi controller, I was a great believer in not needing it untill major mods done.-I stand corrected-it's worth doing.
    While your there, stick a D-plate in there (no need for bypass chip), and give it some more air with a new filter. Race or performance-it's your choice. Race is slightly better, but a lot dearer, and if your not going to do much more modding, the perf one is probably ok.
    Get them here at Gerry's store and use the coupon code 'Greenhulk' for an extra 10% off.
    Shiping over to the UK is not a problem-Ive bought stuff myself from Gerry.
    I can't find my notes on what settings to start at, and Iv'e sold the ski.
    I'll dig the notes out and let you know settings, but bear in mind every controller is sligtly different, so don't take them as gospel!
    P.S.
    Just noticed you said you have a 08 and a 13/19 prop-are you sure it's a 13/19??, cause if it is, you may have a wrong prop.
    Please check and let us know the full code

Why is it wrong? Should it be 13/20?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information