Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar

another 1390 to the pack!

just wanted to do another write up for jim's performance and osidebill.
    I bought the big bore kit used from osidebill a couple of months ago. everything was sent to lowell to reinspect. a problem was found and taken care of by osidebill, thanks again bill. The parts were then sent to jim's performance. I gave him my ski while my wife and i got married and went on a honeymoon to tahiti: OMFG that place is highly recommended. ( so is tahiti ) This weekend we went to tampa to break in the ski, taking it easy as it was freezing in the morning. ( at least to a floridian )
    at a half tank of gas it was time to start opening the throttle
    my first pass was 65 mph and 6500 rpm and the second pass confirmed the same Jim was quick to discover that the springs in the power valves had too much tension, so we removed them and bam! 7200+ rpm and 78.9 mph... I am so happy with the people i dealt with and met in this sport. which brings to mind i met 2 more outstanding people this weekend rip n tear and shodude, it was great to meet you guys!!! I think they may be coming down with the speed bug though, this stuff is contagious!
    Last edited by sconti stellari; 11-23-2008 at 07:38 PM. Reason: wrong name

Quote Originally Posted by sconti stellari View Post
    just wanted to do another write up for jim's performance and osidebill.
    I bought the big bore kit used from osidebill a couple of months ago. everything was sent to lowell to reinspect. a problem was found and taken care of by osidebill, thanks again bill. The parts were then sent to jim's performance. I gave him my ski while my wife and i got married and went on a honeymoon to tahiti: OMFG that place is highly recommended. ( so is tahiti ) This weekend we went to tampa to break in the ski, taking it easy as it was freezing in the morning. ( at least to a floridian )
    at a half tank of gas it was time to start opening the throttle
    my first pass was 65 mph and 6500 rpm and the second pass confirmed the same Jim was quick to discover that the springs in the power valves had too much tension, so we removed them and bam! 7200+ rpm and 78.9 mph... I am so happy with the people i dealt with and met in this sport. which brings to mind i met 2 more outstanding people this weekend rip n tear and sho time, it was great to meet you guys!!! I think they may be coming down with the speed bug though, this stuff is contagious!
    good luck with it chris

3 x 1800 feeding my obsession sconti stellari's Avatar
    thanks, I'm sure it will be really hauling soon, just orderd a vx impeller, 87 nozzle and 800 grate.

Quote Originally Posted by chris the 1390 man View Post
    thanks, I'm sure it will be really hauling soon, just orderd a vx impeller, 87 nozzle and 800 grate.
    you will be amazed at what a vx prop can do. your ski looks awesome thanks for bringing my hull up for me
    you should be running low 80's when you get all that stuff on their

+1
    Nice Job Chris! Keep the money rolling in. Lee

+1
    Chris way to go, not bad for the first day out. I want to hear more about the gas valve springs. When you say Jim took them out do you mean adjusted or removed?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    Chris way to go, not bad for the first day out. I want to hear more about the gas valve springs. When you say Jim took them out do you mean adjusted or removed?
    Hello Bill, The springs were so stiff that even with the adjustment all the way out the tension was so much it would not open the valve all the way. So i removed the springs to try and see if there was a difference and instantly picked up 800 rpm's So i matched them with my red springs on my wifes ski and they are about 3 times stiffer.

Let me tell you that engine sounds awesome Bill with a 25 pitch it was 7200 rpm's and after more runs was 7240 rpm's
    Next putting in a 800 grate a VX impeller and some special tuning next time out in the water it will be 83 to 84 mph.

+1
    The springs seemed really stiff. I have another set here, Lowell gave me these, he says the red are to weak and open to soon. Should I be looking for something in between?

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by OsideBill View Post
    The springs seemed really stiff. I have another set here, Lowell gave me these, he says the red are to weak and open to soon. Should I be looking for something in between?
    Give me a ring on my cell Bill 727-365-5132 Thank you.

+1
    I just got off the phone with Chris he is a happy camper

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information