Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    +1

RXT-X VS Yamaha FX-SHO Cruiser

Hey guys, I know im in the wrong brand area..lol I just wanted to get a honest opinion about any grudge races against the FX-SHO Cruisers. Has anyone raced one stock for stock. You always see the videos sponsored either by yamaha or seadoo and its hard to know if someone is laying back to boost sales. Well i have just purchased a new FXSHO Cruiser, but too would like the opinions from the other side...Thanks guys.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pics 018.jpg 
Views:	2698 
Size:	1.16 MB 
ID:	105448  

+1
    you are too bold prepare for your WHOOPIN

Think you'd be in normal RXT territory, although that 1.8 does have quite a bit of torque in it. I think you'd be close out of the hole against the X until it got to stretch it's legs.

Nice looking SHO Cruiser though, I haven't seen one yet in red!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Hey guys, I know im in the wrong brand area..lol I just wanted to get a honest opinion about any grudge races against the FX-SHO Cruisers. Has anyone raced one stock for stock. You always see the videos sponsored either by yamaha or seadoo and its hard to know if someone is laying back to boost sales. Well i have just purchased a new FXSHO Cruiser, but too would like the opinions from the other side...Thanks guys.

Search the forums for Jerry's musclecraft shootout, they tested the rxt-x, rxt, SHO, and Ultra 250...

+1
    nice looking ski mate!!there were two sho,s turned up at one of our usual slips a few months back and we got chatting and they were bragging how much faster there shos were there was an ultra250x but he was out of fuel so didnt race,me in p-x and friend in 04rxp totaly stock apart from riva grate...........p-x walked it and rxp was in front of two shos.
    im non biased!!!!!as i was looking at new fzr and ultra 260x but i think il stick with p-x for now.

+1

Thumbs up

Thanks guys, I know I did not buy the fastest ski out there, i was just curious if it holds its on against the 255 community. I must say I cant wait to ride my ski, since I have 0 hrs on it...Just not a winter rider. Thanks again for the honest input and im always up for hearing more.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by Toobold View Post
    Thanks guys, I know I did not buy the fastest ski out there, i was just curious if it holds its on against the 255 community. I must say I cant wait to ride my ski, since I have 0 hrs on it...Just not a winter rider. Thanks again for the honest input and im always up for hearing more.

let us know how you fair.....im surprised you posted on here theres usually alot of people who follow certain brands would jump on you lol.like if you posted how good is the new x skis in a yam room.
    so long as the ski makes you happy and is what you need who cares what the stats are???

+1

Cool

I just wanted to get a honest answer from both sides...Yes, I have owned yamaha's ever since i started riding besides my 96 Seadoo XP which was a great ski. So, i am going to enjoy my new ski and i feel as if you take care of whatever brand you have, they are both very reliable and fun skis..I will not sit and bash one ski either...they both have faults and plus's, but hey they are machines and they break..

+1
    thats very very true mate pity not every one thinks like this as it would be much better for the sport!!
    ive certanily no blinkers and am under no ilusions that the ski i have p-x is not the best to have in the sea however ive no complaints and its what i choose.....ive never been passed on it either lol even in heavy seas with ultra 250xs,rxts,shos,gprs.
    i would personaly love either a stxr or an ultra 250x as a kind of toy was looking at gp1300r,s but didnt like the feel to them.

+1
    I looked at the RXT-X real hard...The only reason i bought the cruiser was that i took a 150 mile trip on my 07GP1300R with a bunch of other guys that had the HO Cruisers and they just sat on the seat cruiseing while i was all over the place in the rough stuff...No more of that for me..lol I really liked the RXT-X and i know its fast, but i have always been a yamaha man and i just could not break the chain...Plus, i really like the idea of 1800cc with low boost...If they can just figure how to tap into that power...hopefully i will have a fast Cadillac..lol

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information