winterized my ski today

i was winterizing my ski today after i got it back from the dealer friday.

i decided to do it myself and did some research on how to do it and i did it as per instructions on this message board, oil was changed at dealer,
    ran it with water for a few minutes got engine warm flushed out water. disconnected water and ran a funnel with a hose to the flush fitting started it back up and poured 2 gallons of pink rv antifreeze in then revved the motor a few times to get antifreeze out (what a mess all over my garage door)then shut it down. shortly after that my water temp sensor was beeping. i felt the exhaust manifold and it was pretty hot. only thing i can think of is when it was off the sensor might of been heat soaked and caused the buzzer to go off, has anyone had this happen to them?,

i proceeded to winterize by pulling plugs and spraying some fogging oil in the cylinders and fogging the supercharger and pulled the battery so now its done for the season

im just worried about the heat sensor, has anyone had this problem

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blu 250x View Post
    i was winterizing my ski today after i got it back from the dealer friday.

i decided to do it myself and did some research on how to do it and i did it as per instructions on this message board, oil was changed at dealer,
    ran it with water for a few minutes got engine warm flushed out water. disconnected water and ran a funnel with a hose to the flush fitting started it back up and poured 2 gallons of pink rv antifreeze in then revved the motor a few times to get antifreeze out (what a mess all over my garage door)then shut it down. shortly after that my water temp sensor was beeping. i felt the exhaust manifold and it was pretty hot. only thing i can think of is when it was off the sensor might of been heat soaked and caused the buzzer to go off, has anyone had this happen to them?,

i proceeded to winterize by pulling plugs and spraying some fogging oil in the cylinders and fogging the supercharger and pulled the battery so now its done for the season

im just worried about the heat sensor, has anyone had this problem
    Dont panic

All that has happened is that the funnel doesnt have enough pressure to get a good flow of water over the sensor, this is why the saltaway kit and the like , attach to the hose - to get the flow needed to A keep engine cool , B get coolant over all the internal parts,

So as long as you didnt run for 3-4 min after the buzzer started it will be fine, as the buzzer will come on with a safety limit before damage happens

You will be fine BLU

Waz

i figured that it was not getting pressure like it would from a garden hose, it was running for like 2 minutes tops and the buzzer went off shortly after i shut her down

where can you get the salt away kit from?

Take the time to smile sirbreaksalot's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by blu 250x View Post
    i figured that it was not getting pressure like it would from a garden hose, it was running for like 2 minutes tops and the buzzer went off shortly after i shut her down

where can you get the salt away kit from?
    90% of marine shops have them

thanks ill have to look into that

Thread Information