Just bought 2004 sportster le di

Today I cleaned it up and put a coat of wax on it. I added Stabil to the gas and filled it up and when I got home I ran it for about 5 minutes to let the Stabil get into the engine. It cranked on the first try. My question is this, the owners manual says to flush the engine after every use and spray lubricant into the silencer and then after shutting off the engine to remove the plugs and spray lube into the cylinders and the turn the engine over a few times and then replace the plugs. There was a can of "Bombardier Lube" in the storage compartment and I was wondering if this is the lubricant that you use in the cylinders and silencer? Also, is this the same lube for "fogging" the engine? Also, I just noticed the owners manual said to run the boat at 3500 rpm with the water hooked up, and I had it at whatever the boat idles at with no throttle, approx. 1000prm. Would this hurt anything and should it always be ran at the high idle? And lastly, do you run the hose full blast or not? Also, water was coming out of the large black hole on the right side of hull near jet outlet, is this the exhaust? please help!!

There was a can of "Bombardier Lube" in the storage compartment and I was wondering if this is the lubricant that you use in the cylinders and silencer? Also, is this the same lube for "fogging" the engine?
    The process of spraying into the spark plug hole and cycling the cylinders a few times *is* what I consider the primary part of fogging the engine. I only do this if the boat is going to sit more than a month... usually winterization only.

"BRP Lube" is a different product completely and is for use lubricating external parts that may come in contact with water and/or dry out and cause friction such as steering/throttle/choke cables and reverse bucket hardware.

This is the fogging oil I use:
    http://www.parkeryamaha.com/brpxp-ss...413711900.aspx

Also, I just noticed the owners manual said to run the boat at 3500 rpm with the water hooked up, and I had it at whatever the boat idles at with no throttle, approx. 1000prm. Would this hurt anything and should it always be ran at the high idle?
    I let it idle at around 1k most of the time and blip the throttle to 3500 several times over the course of a few minutes.

And lastly, do you run the hose full blast or not?
    I usually open the faucet almost full blast. Keep in mind that you want to start the engine before turning on the faucet and turn off the faucet shortly before turning off the engine.

Good luck with the new boat!

Thread Information