how shallow can you go

well i was wondering i own a 96 xp and were i ride theres some shallow bits i would love to explore but i don't know how shallow i can take my xp so how shallow / and or how low in the water will log have to be for me to ride over it ???? i was a little curious lol

Warner Robins, GA Home of the 2007 All-Star Little League World Champions!
    I wouldn't go lower than 3'. You can run wot in less water, but when you accelerate from an idle, it will suck sand/rocks/debris off the bottom if in less than 3' of water.

flyin' the friendly skies airbornexp's Avatar
    +1
    +1 on SS post. In WOT the ski will opeate in 6" of water or less but very dangerous IMO

From experience on my 2002 Seadoo xp. I was able to ride in 8" of water, I didn't want to but I had to make it through the bay that morning to get home. It was very scary because I couldnt stop like you said, because I wouldnt be able to start again so I had to keep going until I was in deep enough water to check my GPS.

I ran my gsxl aground only once. It was in 2 to 3 inches of water with hard bottom. If you don stop, care much about scratching the hull/ ride plate, or changing wear rings. 3 to 4 inches is fine. As for the logs we used to ride some prety tight canals and would bounce over logs 4 or 5 inches out of the water. Its when you dont see them is when it sucks.

Well it comes down to "Do You Feel Lucky?" Well Do Ya? It can realy hurt Oyster Bars can cut you up real good and On the ST Johns Gators hang out in the shallows... They bight if your to close or if your small enough or if their real hungry...

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 96XPSS View Post
    I wouldn't go lower than 3'. You can run wot in less water, but when you accelerate from an idle, it will suck sand/rocks/debris off the bottom if in less than 3' of water.
    +1

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by marshro View Post
    well i was wondering i own a 96 xp and were i ride theres some shallow bits i would love to explore but i don't know how shallow i can take my xp so how shallow / and or how low in the water will log have to be for me to ride over it ???? i was a little curious lol
    The worry is not damage to your ski,but you going over the bars at full throttle when a sand bar or reef pops up.you need a minimum of 2.5' of water to start off without damaging ski,try to keep at least 3' you never know when you have to stop ,and if its shallow you cant get back up on plane!!JMHO>Marvin

Thread Information