+1

Ran 72.8 mph today

Hey guys, just wanna share my top speed and find out if its roughly where i should be. I finally got a chance to ride on glass water, and managed 72.8 mph consistently with about 1/2 a tank.. Mods are in my sig, however when i got home i did notice a few of my plugs on the ride plate had fallen out. Would like to think i would get close to 74 if i was on the buzzer and re-plugged them holes..
    Also I was quite shocked at how much fuel it guzzles when u get the chance to go flat knackers everywhere
    Still lookin for 75 when i get some cash

Test Pilot and Racer for Hire phoenixcustoms's Avatar
    Get a prop and tweek it right and you will have your 75....

+1
    "Also I was quite shocked at how much fuel it guzzles when u get the chance to go flat knackers everywhere."

Hahaha! It will suck it down like an alcoholic at an open bar!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by phoenixcustoms View Post
    Get a prop and tweek it right and you will have your 75....
    Pheonix i am getting a 15/22r some time next month, if i manage to tweak it right to get to 75, will this hurt my acceleration?

Quote Originally Posted by monaroman76 View Post
    Pheonix i am getting a 15/22r some time next month, if i manage to tweak it right to get to 75, will this hurt my acceleration?
    It sould not hurt your hole shot as long as you stay with the stock venturi.

Quote Originally Posted by mitch411RXP View Post
    It sould not hurt your hole shot as long as you stay with the stock venturi.

Mitch is right keep your Stock venturi.....

+1
    I want to ask to anyone with a X boat have you done back to back studies on acceleration comparing stock venturi to pro nozzle.

I have, and my findings are that if I use an 84 or 85 ring with pro nozzle there does not seem to be any loss of acceleration compared to stock X venturi.

Also right now i got my ski setup for top end and have been running 83 ring in pro nozzle, and my holeshot still seems very good.
    I think this is a very touchy subject as I was a believer in the X venturi but it seems that if you get the prop pitched correct you still can achieve good acceleration and hole shot with pro nozzle.

Now, this summer when i had my prop pitched for stock nozzle, i did see loss of acceleration and hole shot when adding nozzle without changing prop.

It seems to be with the right pitch we can make the pro nozzle work for acceleration.

Those are just my findings, any comments.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I want to ask to anyone with a X boat have you done back to back studies on acceleration comparing stock venturi to pro nozzle.

I have, and my findings are that if I use an 84 or 85 ring with pro nozzle there does not seem to be any loss of acceleration compared to stock X venturi.

Also right now i got my ski setup for top end and have been running 83 ring in pro nozzle, and my holeshot still seems very good.
    I think this is a very touchy subject as I was a believer in the X venturi but it seems that if you get the prop pitched correct you still can achieve good acceleration and hole shot with pro nozzle.

Now, this summer when i had my prop pitched for stock nozzle, i did see loss of acceleration and hole shot when adding nozzle without changing prop.

It seems to be with the right pitch we can make the pro nozzle work for acceleration.

Those are just my findings, any comments.
    Very good findings.....

Well I built my boat for stock class and we can not run anything other than a stock nozzle and venturi.......

But from what I have been testing back in the summer with my other buddies boat we found that the stock nozzle still has the greatest holeshot.....Now with the adjustable venturis we found a slight difference in holeshot and enough to lose a race with....But the accleration was not notciabley different.....accleration and holeshot really is not the same thing.....

And sorry for anyone I confused......

Intial holeshot thrust from the pump is greater with the stock venturi
    this is for the holeshot

Now we found that accleration is the same and top end is better with the adjustable venturi's however in a race to 660 feet or 1/8 mile or to the 1st turn in a race....it wont matter much in certain race classes...

I also will always refer to race rules and thats how we set our boats up.....Stock, limited and unlimited.....

Because all the guys who talk about stage 1 stage 2 stage 3 and more really it could be a lot of differences in each boat...So if you go by the rules of the APBA it is easier to keep track of the speeds holeshot and other things based on the mods...

JAWZ stock class boat is an example of this.....That boat to 660 feet or 1/8 mile will beat you out of the hole pull on you in mid range and finish on the top...By this time you have lost.....Like I did.....I understand some things now and will be re tuning......Also why buy a part you dont need when you get it out of what you already have.....

Trust me keep the stock venturi and get a prop and tweek the hell out of it get a good intake grate and you wont be sorry.....Hell some limited boats wont be able to keep up.....

Ask JAWZ.......Ask STAN...........Ask DEAN........Ask the X riders.....

+1
    thanks for your reply, as i expected to get that reply from someone.
    I ran the stock venturi all summer with a Jawz intake grate and worked very well on the T-X.
    I put the pro nozzle on this winter as my water is so good i can run wot for as long as I want and make a sandwhich at the same time.
    I am pretty sure that top end potential will be better with longer nozzle on my T-X with right prop pitch.

now to race in your conditions and what you guys are looking for, I would agree that stock nozzle has to have the best holeshot, hookup, and acceleration. In fact i have seen where you guys are runnning 75 with stock nozzle on X.

Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    thanks for your reply, as i expected to get that reply from someone.
    I ran the stock venturi all summer with a Jawz intake grate and worked very well on the T-X.
    I put the pro nozzle on this winter as my water is so good i can run wot for as long as I want and make a sandwhich at the same time.
    I am pretty sure that top end potential will be better with longer nozzle on my T-X with right prop pitch.

now to race in your conditions and what you guys are looking for, I would agree that stock nozzle has to have the best holeshot, hookup, and acceleration. In fact i have seen where you guys are runnning 75 with stock nozzle on X.

Oh yea for our setups you want to run stock nozzle......But for the rec rider or whatnot an adjustable venturi might be the way to go especially with the number of choices you have with the rings....Also the ability to get just a little bit more top speed out of the adjustable venturis is not a bad idea.....I think it might not be a bad idea to run one in Offshore but I have a limited experience in PWC offshore so I cant really say...and some are running even more than 75 with the stock nozzle....78.... but then again with the buck condition theres that gamble....But you running the TX doesnt pose that problem....

Thread Information