Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 27
  1. #1
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149

    stupid question Friday

    I meant to title "stupid question Monday" My days are really screwed up.

    Can someone give me "how to on leak down test"
    I was told to get cylinder leak down kit from "harbour frieght or granger"
    Any help will be appreciated.

    And yes you can call me a "newbie" if you want.


  2. #2
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Ok you guys dont have to reply to me as speedskixp just gave me all the info i needed into testing compreshion.
    THanks Jim,

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    Ok you guys dont have to reply to me as speedskixp just gave me all the info i needed into testing compreshion.
    THanks Jim,
    Any time Steven.

  4. #4
    dhoad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    North Aurora, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    3,182
    +1
    6
    I would like the leak down test info also if you have it available to post or pm
    thanks

  5. #5
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I meant to title "stupid question Monday" My days are really screwed up.

    Can someone give me "how to on leak down test"
    I was told to get cylinder leak down kit from "harbour frieght or granger"
    Any help will be appreciated.

    And yes you can call me a "newbie" if you want.
    Steven let me ask an even dumber question. I'm installing my XS intercooler today. Which hose connection is considered inlet and outlet?

  6. #6
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Steven let me ask an even dumber question. I'm installing my XS intercooler today. Which hose connection is considered inlet and outlet?
    HaHa, that is a highly debated topic. I have XS and used the front as the inlet and the back as the outlet. It has been done both ways and to date I dont think has been proven to matter.

    Good Question.

    If you need any pics of XS install I have a bunch in my thread.

    Good Luck with your install.

  7. #7
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Steven let me ask an even dumber question. I'm installing my XS intercooler today. Which hose connection is considered inlet and outlet?
    It doesn't matter... I would use the rear as the inlet Especially if your going to install a air bleed off line on the front.

  8. #8
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    HaHa, that is a highly debated topic. I have XS and used the front as the inlet and the back as the outlet. It has been done both ways and to date I dont think has been proven to matter.

    Good Question.

    If you need any pics of XS install I have a bunch in my thread.

    Good Luck with your install.
    Hey I neeed some help to get the damn thing mounted like I want. The pics look real nice. I spent 10 hours on a job I thought would last 3. Should I leave yellow washer in? Take out? or drill larger? Or leave it the alone? I have the pump off because I was replacing my 4th wear ring anways.

  9. #9
    West Texas RXP skoepp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    west texas
    Posts
    12,019
    +1
    149
    Quote Originally Posted by Pirates81 View Post
    Hey I neeed some help to get the damn thing mounted like I want. The pics look real nice. I spent 10 hours on a job I thought would last 3. Should I leave yellow washer in? Take out? or drill larger? Or leave it the alone? I have the pump off because I was replacing my 4th wear ring anways.
    What bracket are you using to mount XS so i can help???

    Leave yellow reducer in and leave as is.

  10. #10
    Bow chicka wow wow
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Charlotte,NC
    Posts
    490
    +1
    5
    Bracket that was included in the kit. I had to bend a little. I guess I am too much of a perfectionist. I want it mounted straight and flush, but it's not going to happen and make all the pipes fit well. I still have stock exhaust without reasonator though. So that large exhaust hose is somewhat of an issue also.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Stupid question
    By Lvnspeed in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (2-stroke)
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 08-26-2006, 12:39 PM
  2. Possible stupid question 04 RXP slipping SC washers
    By RTEdgar in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 07-25-2006, 08:11 PM
  3. stupid question
    By N8R in forum Yamaha Open Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 07-18-2006, 10:07 PM
  4. MOST LIKELY A STUPID QUESTION
    By GRNGOBLIN in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-11-2006, 03:15 PM
  5. Stupid question...or not??
    By RustySeaRustyDoo in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-17-2005, 01:40 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •