Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

[email protected] holeshot + 42ibs

CAN THESE 2 BE RUN TOGETHER,I WAS THINKING THAT SET RIGHT THE HOLE SHOT WOULD COMPLIMENT THE 42s,

I don't understand your question. Can you explain please?

Quote Originally Posted by dave262626 View Post
    I don't understand your question. Can you explain please?
    As i under stand it,the 42s pump more fuel in /the power shot can be programed to put more fuel in at varias stages through the rev range,i wanted to know if i could tune the power shot to help put the fuel in as and when i wanted it to,too get the max out of the 42s,hope im making sense,it worked quite well with the standard injectors,not sure if i can run it with the 42s,as they put in more fuel to start with

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    As i under stand it,the 42s pump more fuel in /the power shot can be programed to put more fuel in at varias stages through the rev range,i wanted to know if i could tune the power shot to help put the fuel in as and when i wanted it to,too get the max out of the 42s,hope im making sense,it worked quite well with the standard injectors,not sure if i can run it with the 42s,as they put in more fuel to start with
    Mark,

It would work fine but the 42's would be adding more fuel. If your running a stock boat you wouldn't need 42's but if you've already added a aftermarket SC impeller you would benifit from the extra fuel.
    I would recommend that you have a A/F bung installed on your J-pipe and find a loaner LM1 to help tune your fuel ratio.
    That's the ONLY way to be 100% sure

Alex

Quote Originally Posted by Alex13 View Post
    Mark,

It would work fine but the 42's would be adding more fuel. If your running a stock boat you wouldn't need 42's but if you've already added a aftermarket SC impeller you would benifit from the extra fuel.
    I would recommend that you have a A/F bung installed on your J-pipe and find a loaner LM1 to help tune your fuel ratio.
    That's the ONLY way to be 100% sure

Alex
    THANKS ALEX,i am running the c4 monster charger,AS USUAL,i havent got the faintest idea what a A/F BUNG IS,unless its a dodgy back hander,and as for a LOANER LMI,i know him he works down the bank on the credit section im guessing,seriously though,i will try the 42s on there own first,my mods are,riva powerfilter,thru hull exhaust,c4 monster, wedge,15/20,xs powercooler,cathcan,grate,and that bloody venturi nozzle,riva thermo, got it all from jerry none of it got L.I.T.P,IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN,LIFES GOOD

Sorry I asked. It's all greek to me.

+1
    Gotta love the way those Limeys talk! It's not greek BTW

A/F bung is a threaded port thats welded into the pipe to install an air to fuel ratio sensor. "Dodgey back handler" Gotta love it!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by MARK_LEGG View Post
    The powershot will add fuel to whatever injectors you run. It either keeps the cycles open longer or cycles more I forget but it works. A few months ago I borrowed & ran the x charger with 42's with my mods in my sig, thinking I would be lean I set ALL the PS settings to 8 & the WOT to 6.5. It sucked up the fuel wayyy fast! Next tank I set the WOT to 3.5 & backed the rest to 7 & it was not as bad on fuel consumption while RPM's & speed were the same & plugs were light tan.

Set the power shot to zero & it will run on stock fuel curve & the 42's will run normal.

Quote Originally Posted by ou812 View Post
    The powershot will add fuel to whatever injectors you run. It either keeps the cycles open longer or cycles more I forget but it works. A few months ago I borrowed & ran the x charger with 42's with my mods in my sig, thinking I would be lean I set ALL the PS settings to 8 & the WOT to 6.5. It sucked up the fuel wayyy fast! Next tank I set the WOT to 3.5 & backed the rest to 7 & it was not as bad on fuel consumption while RPM's & speed were the same & plugs were light tan.

Set the power shot to zero & it will run on stock fuel curve & the 42's will run normal.
    many thanks i will give that a go,i thought that if the plugs are the right colouer when looked at you must be close to being right with the A/F MIX thats how we used to check our motorcycles

+1

Wink

Mark I would be very carefull just going by colour of the plugs. I have read a few posts where the old and wise with this engine have said it is very difficult to tell by the plugs because they dont change much un less you really really lean or pig rich. You need to make sure the air fuel ratio is correct or you engine aint going to last. If you are rich then your likely to blow out seals and if your running lean then your gona burn somin up. What you want is one of these so that you can check you AF ratio and tune accordingly. Check link http://www.grahamgoode.com/general/p...partno=INN3795 Now i kno this prob sounds like alot of money but 1. it aint as expensive as a rebuild or worse new engine. 2. When you change your mods again (which we all say we wont lol) you can tune your fuel accordinly. Anything else PM me. R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information