Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Team Tampa!!

It's not the destination, it's the journey!! Rip'nTear SHO's Avatar

Team Tampa!!

Just rode with the Tampa boys!!!!

Was driving over the Skyway and the wind was blowing so hard that my convertible top sounded like it was gonna rip off my car.......the bay was all whitecaps...it was nasty....and cold!
    Saturday
    But Jim (Jim's Performance), Ross (Sonic Boom), Leo (Leo Holeshot Kit), Brian K, And Chris showed up in the crappy weather to ride with the SoFlaRider boys.....we got to meet them at their 'speed alley',,,,and all i can say is wow!!!
    Surgeon General Warning!!
    Traveling to Tampa and meeting with Jim's Crew will lead to an addictive and insatiable desire to build an 80+ mph GPR!!!!!

Watching these guys lying down in the mud and 60 degree water to tweak their skis was an absolute treat.....shimming, wrenching, riding, ripping...knowing GPS numbers just by watching a run.......amazing.....no wonder these maniacs r soooo fast....and in salt water!
    I was letting everybody ride my SHO when Jim offered me a ride on his GPR!! To be honest....I was a little scared to jump on that ski when i saw how fast these GPR's were running....but when poeple started meowing and limping the wrists....I was like "f-ck u guys....give me the lanyard"!

We installed the top-secret speed seat and i jumped on.....at 30 mph the GPR was all over the place...so i trimmed down and leaned my weight over the hull to stabilize it a little....I was saying to myself "WTF....how am i gonna run 80 on this bobbing POS"?
    Remembering what Jim told me about the hull characteristics when throttle is applied....I punched the throttle and held on.....

Holy Crap!!! Holeshot...meh...
    Mid-range and top-end...unfrickinbelievable....all of a sudden the trees were blurring and the wind and the engine were deafening......81.8!!

I drive back to the group to show the GPS and talk about the run......Jim immediaite notices the trim setting and trims the hull up....the human computer is already calculating my next speed run!!

Trim up....open her up...hang on for dear life..........84.1.....frickin GPR planted better than my cruise-ship SHO.....im already planning my next run to hang off the back of the ski with my toes hanging in the water when i realize i've done enuf and i politely hand Jim's monster back to him.

I was absolutely amazed of the difference between 71 mph and 84 mph....it's like someone hits the DVD in fast forward....huge difference....broke my 80 mph cherry!!!!1 Thx JimCant wait to ride with u guys again.....
    Lets hit Longhorn again after the ride...i wanna see if they can get my steak right...
    Sunday
    Shodude and I met up with Sa lto ride from Dunedin causeway, wound up getting almost stuck as were doing beach launches....wtf is a boat ramp? H2HO with his Titan wound up launching all of us...thx bro

Rode some beautiful bay waters.....it was cold but clear and beautiful....checked out the islands......very little boat traffic as the weather was cool (50 degrees) but that almost added to the exclusitivity of the ride....nobody was stupid enuf to go out in those temperatures
    ..was a pleasure meeting the Tampa crew...u guys r awesome and cant wait to take another trip to Tampa to ride with u guys......salute
    Then mtrager and BigdaddyRXP showed up and met us at Shepards...cant wait to hit that place in the summer.....

too bad we all cant have different skis for all the different conditions we encounter......but it becomes readily apparent which hull does best in what once u encounter the different conditions.......I'll say this.......on the ride back it was almost impossible keeping with the modified Doo's in the bay ....u guys know ur skis down to a science and ur kick-ass riders, and u know when to lift, how to anticipate incoming boat wakes, how to position urself/throttle for the various wave chops, and how to set up/prop ur ski for the bay......my ski is setup for the offSHOre stuff....which u guys saw al little glimpse of......was better riding in the smooth stuff since Nate was on the GPR with his son...that would of been absolutely brutal on em and not worth it......

Was great watching u guys rip around in the bay and am really looking forward to riding with u all again....

See u biatches in Kissimmee...

THE PLATE MAN JIM'S PERFORMANCE's Avatar
    +1
    It was a pleasure to meet you Chris and Eric. Next time you need to get in superman instead of leaning back and get it very low on fuel instead of over half. And hang on for dear life as skinny as you are you will see 86 plus mph. You guys are great next time it's our turn to come down and see you guys.

+1
    Team Tampa Rocks!!!

Can you imagine -- me -- the 6 foot 4 inch Sunday afternoon rider -- doing superman on a gpr?

See you at the K River. The Yami's will be smoking.

Yamahas suck ( unless they have a seadoo motor )
    JUST KIDDING!!!! Team Tampon is cool...

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by palmbeach jesse View Post
    Yamahas suck ( unless they have a seadoo motor )
    JUST KIDDING!!!! Team Tampon is cool...
    Were not all on yamahas

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Were not all on yamahas
    From what I heard -- you should be!!!!

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by SHOdude View Post
    From what I heard -- you should be!!!!
    What did you hear

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    What did you hear
    You were eating SHO spray in the chop. I don't call Rip N Tear -- Rip N Soak for nothing. LOL

I thought RXPs were banned in Tampa.
    The Yamajunk guys got the law passed...They called it , " battery on Leo"

+1
    Have the time to ride with the Tampa crew? Well worth the drive! Jim is the best. The rest of the gang is all that also. Iam waiting on sconti to get his 1390 running so I can go back up and watch sconti (chris) look in his mirrors he is installing looking back at Jim And Brian and soon enough Josh? Keep up the great work. Lee

Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread Information