Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Any ford mechanics on here? Need help!!!

Hey guys,
    my 03 explorer's tranny just went tonight. I have a factory reman that i got under warranty 14,000 miles and 1 yr 9 months ago. Anyway I drove it all day today and no problems, then wanted to go get some coffee tonight and it was reving at 3000 rpms just to go 5 mph. Luckily it was only 2 blocks from my house. I shut it down made some calls started it back up and it went right into gear and then a minute later went back to not engaging correctly Also the OD light kept blinking? Any ideas, wondering if its the valve or a solenoid inside the tranny don't really have 3G's to buy another rebuild!

This is how I run a jetski shop in the desert nmpeter's Avatar
    +1

disconnect the batttery

first and simplest ...let the computer zero out and then reconnect the battery and see how it does...might have glitched the tranny control program.

drop some fluid on some white paper and check for grit.

get the hammer out ( for the piggybank)

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    Hey guys,
    my 03 explorer's tranny just went tonight. I have a factory reman that i got under warranty 14,000 miles and 1 yr 9 months ago. Anyway I drove it all day today and no problems, then wanted to go get some coffee tonight and it was reving at 3000 rpms just to go 5 mph. Luckily it was only 2 blocks from my house. I shut it down made some calls started it back up and it went right into gear and then a minute later went back to not engaging correctly Also the OD light kept blinking? Any ideas, wondering if its the valve or a solenoid inside the tranny don't really have 3G's to buy another rebuild!

how long was the warranty for on the reman? and if it was put in under warranty it should have been a new unit and not a reman.

i blew out the planetary and the torque converter on my transmission in my 04 F150, they replaced with it with a new unit direct from dearborn

+1
    I had a reman tranny put into my 2001 ford zx2 a few years back and they told me the reman tranny has a 3 year warranty from Ford. I hope it the same for you. Call the dealer who did the repair!

Mike

Since it was covered under warranty it was only a 12 month 12 thousand

By the way Ford will never give you new under warranty if the dealer is telling you thats there B.S.ing you. Its always been factory reman.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by scittb View Post
    By the way Ford will never give you new under warranty if the dealer is telling you thats there B.S.ing you. Its always been factory reman.

trust me, i got a new one.

Prohibido usuario
    +1
    You must of blew the service manager. jk. I had a trans put in my '01 Ford F150 under warranty and it was a reman. Was told warranty covers rebuilding/replacing parts and a reman tranny is a rebuilt trans done to Ford's specs. Just like if something went wrong in the engine they would replace the part and rebuild the engine not replace it with a new. Told if I wanted new I could pay the difference, like $2000.

Basically, under warranty, I could be without a vehicle while they repaired my trans or accept a reman and get the vehicle back weeks quicker.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by NCHeel View Post
    You must of blew the service manager. jk. I had a trans put in my '01 Ford F150 under warranty and it was a reman. Was told warranty covers rebuilding/replacing parts and a reman tranny is a rebuilt trans done to Ford's specs. Just like if something went wrong in the engine they would replace the part and rebuild the engine not replace it with a new. Told if I wanted new I could pay the difference, like $2000.

Basically, under warranty, I could be without a vehicle while they repaired my trans or accept a reman and get the vehicle back weeks quicker.
    i spend about 35-40K on Ford Racing Performance parts a year @ the dealer i use so i told him to get me a new tranny or i am taking my parts business elsewhere

+1
    Questions:

-did they replace the torque converter when they replaced the trans before?
    -how many miles on the truck?
    -when you shut the truck off and start it back up does the problem go away for awhile, then return?
    -Do Fords have an OD switch to shut off OD?? Does this change anything if OD is switched off?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information