Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 17
  1. #1
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2

    no beep from MPEM - Only a buzz

    Trying to complete a conversion ski the RXP side is an 04 RXP...

    When I put the DESS key on I only get a buzzing noise from the MPEM. No beeps and the display does not power on.

    Checked battery and it is showing 13.42 volts (just charged it last night)
    Checked the ground and it is ok
    Checked continuity on the battery cables.
    Checked all fuses on the MPEM and the ones that the distribution block (not sure if thats the right term but the Left of the MPEM)
    Tried two keys that I knew worked.
    DESS post and key are good and clean.

    Double and triple checked all connections from the MPEM to the motor.

    All of the components came from a ski I was riding so I believe the MPEM to be good.

    Any ideas ?


  2. #2
    Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Tampa Bay, FL
    Posts
    9,202
    +1
    673
    Try a new DESS post

  3. #3
    speedskixp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    venice fl.
    Posts
    8,117
    +1
    120
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    Trying to complete a conversion ski the RXP side is an 04 RXP...

    When I put the DESS key on I only get a buzzing noise from the MPEM. No beeps and the display does not power on.

    Checked battery and it is showing 13.42 volts (just charged it last night)
    Checked the ground and it is ok
    Checked continuity on the battery cables.
    Checked all fuses on the MPEM and the ones that the distribution block (not sure if thats the right term but the Left of the MPEM)
    Tried two keys that I knew worked.
    DESS post and key are good and clean.

    Double and triple checked all connections from the MPEM to the motor.

    All of the components came from a ski I was riding so I believe the MPEM to be good.

    Any ideas ?
    Usualy the buzzing sound is a bad connection and the buzz comes frm the connection itself. So if you can find the buzz you should find your issue,
    I had a similar issue and it was one of the fuses next to the mpem in the rubber fues holdes by the sylenoid. Hope this helps!

  4. #4
    EZ Dock of Long Island Shibby1485's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    9,464
    +1
    4
    quadruple check the ground wires that are on the side of the engine above the front motor mount...

  5. #5
    Moderator beerdart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    CT
    Posts
    25,930
    +1
    1,407
    In the pic on your build thread it look like your tops switch in upside down.
    This pic is correct.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3918.JPG 
Views:	206 
Size:	1.34 MB 
ID:	105758  

  6. #6
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shibby1485 View Post
    quadruple check the ground wires that are on the side of the engine above the front motor mount...
    I have only one is that right ? I disconnected it completely and bolted it back ok making sure it is nice and clean (removed the liquid tape with a wire brush).

  7. #7
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by beerdart View Post
    In the pic on your build thread it look like your tops switch in upside down.
    This pic is correct.
    Checking it right now...

  8. #8
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    For the tops. Mine looks a little different than yours. Yes the writing is upside down but it only goes on the bracket one way because of the angle built in.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00695.JPG 
Views:	87 
Size:	1.62 MB 
ID:	105760   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	DSC00698.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	1.60 MB 
ID:	105761  

  9. #9
    JFizzleJR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    FL
    Posts
    8,628
    +1
    809
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbtd View Post
    I have only one is that right ? I disconnected it completely and bolted it back ok making sure it is nice and clean (removed the liquid tape with a wire brush).
    I have 3

  10. #10
    mrbtd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Lindenhurst, Illinois, United States
    Posts
    4,309
    +1
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by JFizzleJR View Post
    I have 3
    I have the three ground screws to the block . Only one is being used though. There are two wires connected to the terminal on the battery (from the MPEM and up through the rectifier) then the battery is grounded to the block.

    What else gets grounded to the block ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Challenger 1800 7 beeps from MPEM.
    By Freight53 in forum Sea Doo Sport Boats
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 05-05-2016, 12:47 PM
  2. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 10-04-2014, 09:38 PM
  3. Buzzing sound from MPEM.
    By TDIx4 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-14-2014, 05:09 PM
  4. VXR not beeping warnings anymore. Only warning light works but no sound.
    By vxr.pni in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM
  5. 99 XPL gauges dont work no beep from DESS
    By MachoTA in forum 2-Stroke Performance
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-15-2012, 09:44 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •