Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 19
  1. #1

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Durham Nc
    Posts
    41

    Unhappy Error Code p1544

    Just came back from the lake and i kept getting this code please Help
    one beep check engine light and this code no limp mode just light
    Last edited by wildman1998; 11-28-2008 at 04:54 PM. Reason: here is the right code got to pull it again today


  2. #2
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    I looked at my code sheet and can not find a P5144..Maybe someone else has an updated sheet that would like to share it with us..

  3. #3
    Will work on YOUR ski for FREE! GeoRXT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    4,438
    +1
    1
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoman View Post
    I looked at my code sheet and can not find a P5144..Maybe someone else has an updated sheet that would like to share it with us..
    how about p1517?

  4. #4
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    Just came back from the lake and i kept getting this code please Help
    one beep check engine light and this code no limp mode just light
    Exhaust overheat..Do you have an Aftermarket IC?

  5. #5

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Durham Nc
    Posts
    41
    gotchya just checked all hoses and all are tight no leakage nothing loose

    where is the sensor on the j pipe i looked didnt see anything that looked like sensor on pipe
    though it was getting dark i did not pull the long tube from the seat or remove the middle bar underneath the seat so i was limited on what i could see.
    should i remove the hoses and j pipe and look for restrictions

  6. #6
    Banned User
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Ft.Lauderdale
    Posts
    3,237
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    gotchya just checked all hoses and all are tight no leakage nothing loose

    where is the sensor on the j pipe i looked didnt see anything that looked like sensor on pipe
    though it was getting dark i did not pull the long tube from the seat or remove the middle bar underneath the seat so i was limited on what i could see.
    should i remove the hoses and j pipe and look for restrictions
    Vern took the time, read this;

    http://greenhulk.net/forums/showthread.php?t=38004

    Good luck!!

  7. #7
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    gotchya just checked all hoses and all are tight no leakage nothing loose

    where is the sensor on the j pipe i looked didnt see anything that looked like sensor on pipe

    There is no sensor on the J-pipe..It is located on the outlet side of your waterbox..

    though it was getting dark i did not pull the long tube from the seat or remove the middle bar underneath the seat so i was limited on what i could see.
    should i remove the hoses and j pipe and look for restrictions
    Yes I would remove them and check for any visible clogs..If you cannot see any then here is a list of things to check that would make that code go off:

    1) Stainer in pump...In your pump there is a strainer were the water enters for cooling.
    2)Intercooler,If your not running a external strainer then there may be a chance your intercooler could be clogged.
    3)J-pipe..Same as IC..Could be a possible clog check all 3 cooling holes/pissers in the pipe itself..Force compessed air through all passages to see if any clogs may be present
    4)Black coupler from J-Pipe to waterbox.Alot of times people tighten the middle hose clamp down way to much restricting or cutting off the water flow to the waterbox..Dont go over board tightening this clamp..Some acually take this clamp off...
    5)Bad sensor
    6)Pinches or kinked waterline/hose..

  8. #8

    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Durham Nc
    Posts
    41

    Thumbs up Getting Close

    Thanks for the info you guys rock !!!!!
    Questions here though !!l
    1.Water box is on the other side of j pipe so where is that sensor.
    2.If i took it to my bud who is a sea-doo tech would he beable to tell me more thru buds or whould he just see the code and not stuff like temps and rpms when it happened also stuff like exhaust temp, sensor failure with no data other than the code.

  9. #9
    Moderator Snoman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    South Chicagoland
    Posts
    14,688
    +1
    846
    Quote Originally Posted by wildman1998 View Post
    Thanks for the info you guys rock !!!!!
    Questions here though !!l
    1.Water box is on the other side of j pipe so where is that sensor.
    2.If i took it to my bud who is a sea-doo tech would he beable to tell me more thru buds or whould he just see the code and not stuff like temps and rpms when it happened also stuff like exhaust temp, sensor failure with no data other than the code.
    The buds will tell you that the sensor went off and what code it through..It will not tell him if the J-pipe,IC,or stariner is clogged...It will just show the code..Here is a pic of were your sensor goes in your waterbox..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0036.jpg 
Views:	248 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	106197   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0037.jpg 
Views:	265 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	106198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	100_0038.jpg 
Views:	294 
Size:	1.56 MB 
ID:	106199  

  10. #10
    i forget the exeact code #'s but my heat sensor went off every time i got into it cheack the j pipe and it was ok back flush the riva i/c and started it back up then i got a second code went off, looked it up and it was my sensor on my water box, looked at it and it got so hot it came apart put a new one in and she ran fine

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Who has gotten a P-0500 error code?
    By Shibby1485 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-12-2012, 01:18 PM
  2. P-0500 error code??
    By BOOSTED in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-23-2010, 01:33 AM
  3. Gibson Install w/P1544 error code
    By RobbieMWD in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-06-2008, 12:00 PM
  4. Sea-doo error code
    By stonylake rxp in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 05-18-2007, 10:27 PM
  5. Error code 1517 ????
    By ralphmalph3 in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-10-2007, 11:17 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •