Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

250 x cavitation fix "please"

i have adv timing and wedge which i really like although when i gas it it cavitates , i thought it was knock from to much timing until i rode a SHO and it did the same thing ,

Will the pump shoe fix this or the pump cone?

Can i ask for peolpe to offer ther opinions only if they had done these mods and noticed a difference.

Quote Originally Posted by blue 250x bandit View Post
    i have adv timing and wedge which i really like although when i gas it it cavitates , i thought it was knock from to much timing until i rode a SHO and it did the same thing ,

Will the pump shoe fix this or the pump cone?

Can i ask for peolpe to offer ther opinions only if they had done these mods and noticed a difference.

Before spending money on more parts, first you wanna tell use how many hours are on your ski. Also let us know if you ever sucked a rock or sand.

Personally I think your pump is just due for a good service from Impros and your back to normal unless this is been an issue from day one you owned the ski.

Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Before spending money on more parts, first you wanna tell use how many hours are on your ski. Also let us know if you ever sucked a rock or sand.

Personally I think your pump is just due for a good service from Impros and your back to normal unless this is been an issue from day one you owned the ski.
    skip,

whats impro's turnaround time? i am due for a pump service

Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    +1
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    skip,

whats impro's turnaround time? i am due for a pump service
    Just contact Dave at .......... http://impros.com/

4 hours , only annoying after the timing and IC mod's
    no rocks as its never been near a beach or river bank yet.

+1
    Whats an impros service on a pump cost now a days? Would it be cheaper to replace the pump? I think the pump is 230ish

+1
    My ski never cavitated untill I did the timing advance.
    It pulls much harder on the bottom end and I think (in my case) this is the cause of the cavitation. Mine doesn't cavitate a lot just a split second on takeoff. If yours is cavitating a lot, it's probably the pump or prop. If it's just a little, I'd say it's the timing advance. I know of several other people
    who have done the timing advance and have had a slight cavitation out
    of the hole like mine.

If your cavitating off the bottom after the Timing mod then send the prop to Dave at Impros. Tell him to pitch it to Skips specs. He will know what to do. The prop will grab off the bottom and not effect the top. Out of respect to Dave and my work the pitch will not be openly shared but Dave can easily and cheaply pitch and tune the prop for ya.

If your cavitating off the bottom after the Timing mod then send the prop to Dave at Impros. Tell him to pitch it to Skips specs. He will know what to do. The prop will grab off the bottom and not effect the top. Out of respect to Dave and my work the pitch will not be openly shared but Dave can easily and cheaply pitch and tune the prop for ya.
    Thanks for the TIP. Now I know what to tell Dave when I send him my pump and prop in to him.

Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    My ski never cavitated untill I did the timing advance.
    It pulls much harder on the bottom end and I think (in my case) this is the cause of the cavitation. Mine doesn't cavitate a lot just a split second on takeoff. If yours is cavitating a lot, it's probably the pump or prop. If it's just a little, I'd say it's the timing advance. I know of several other people
    who have done the timing advance and have had a slight cavitation out
    of the hole like mine.
    its not a major issue but it would be good if it could be fixed .

Do you have the pump shoe kit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information