Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 12
  1. #1

    250 x cavitation fix "please"

    i have adv timing and wedge which i really like although when i gas it it cavitates , i thought it was knock from to much timing until i rode a SHO and it did the same thing ,

    Will the pump shoe fix this or the pump cone?

    Can i ask for peolpe to offer ther opinions only if they had done these mods and noticed a difference.


  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by blue 250x bandit View Post
    i have adv timing and wedge which i really like although when i gas it it cavitates , i thought it was knock from to much timing until i rode a SHO and it did the same thing ,

    Will the pump shoe fix this or the pump cone?

    Can i ask for peolpe to offer ther opinions only if they had done these mods and noticed a difference.

    Before spending money on more parts, first you wanna tell use how many hours are on your ski. Also let us know if you ever sucked a rock or sand.

    Personally I think your pump is just due for a good service from Impros and your back to normal unless this is been an issue from day one you owned the ski.

  3. #3
    Fat Man, Little Boat Region8Ultra250X's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Jersey
    Posts
    5,563
    +1
    169
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Before spending money on more parts, first you wanna tell use how many hours are on your ski. Also let us know if you ever sucked a rock or sand.

    Personally I think your pump is just due for a good service from Impros and your back to normal unless this is been an issue from day one you owned the ski.
    skip,

    whats impro's turnaround time? i am due for a pump service

  4. #4
    Formerly Ultra250 TN Aquaholic6801's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Old Hickory,Tn
    Posts
    5,446
    +1
    650
    Quote Originally Posted by Region8Ultra250X View Post
    skip,

    whats impro's turnaround time? i am due for a pump service
    Just contact Dave at .......... http://impros.com/

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    Before spending money on more parts, first you wanna tell use how many hours are on your ski. Also let us know if you ever sucked a rock or sand.

    Personally I think your pump is just due for a good service from Impros and your back to normal unless this is been an issue from day one you owned the ski.
    4 hours , only annoying after the timing and IC mod's
    no rocks as its never been near a beach or river bank yet.

  6. #6
    www.eastcoastpwc.net Scott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    7,992
    +1
    455
    Whats an impros service on a pump cost now a days? Would it be cheaper to replace the pump? I think the pump is 230ish

  7. #7
    Beagleman62's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Richmond, Virginia
    Posts
    2,726
    +1
    64
    My ski never cavitated untill I did the timing advance.
    It pulls much harder on the bottom end and I think (in my case) this is the cause of the cavitation. Mine doesn't cavitate a lot just a split second on takeoff. If yours is cavitating a lot, it's probably the pump or prop. If it's just a little, I'd say it's the timing advance. I know of several other people
    who have done the timing advance and have had a slight cavitation out
    of the hole like mine.

  8. #8
    If your cavitating off the bottom after the Timing mod then send the prop to Dave at Impros. Tell him to pitch it to Skips specs. He will know what to do. The prop will grab off the bottom and not effect the top. Out of respect to Dave and my work the pitch will not be openly shared but Dave can easily and cheaply pitch and tune the prop for ya.

  9. #9
    Hooah_Killer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    Midwest
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by Skips313 View Post
    If your cavitating off the bottom after the Timing mod then send the prop to Dave at Impros. Tell him to pitch it to Skips specs. He will know what to do. The prop will grab off the bottom and not effect the top. Out of respect to Dave and my work the pitch will not be openly shared but Dave can easily and cheaply pitch and tune the prop for ya.
    Thanks for the TIP. Now I know what to tell Dave when I send him my pump and prop in to him.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Beagleman62 View Post
    My ski never cavitated untill I did the timing advance.
    It pulls much harder on the bottom end and I think (in my case) this is the cause of the cavitation. Mine doesn't cavitate a lot just a split second on takeoff. If yours is cavitating a lot, it's probably the pump or prop. If it's just a little, I'd say it's the timing advance. I know of several other people
    who have done the timing advance and have had a slight cavitation out
    of the hole like mine.
    its not a major issue but it would be good if it could be fixed .

    Do you have the pump shoe kit?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. 2012 vxs cavitating after mods!!! Please help
    By randhellg in forum Yamaha PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-18-2015, 03:30 PM
  2. Guess i Have to fix them please read if you know bout Virages
    By Cowboyffa84 in forum Polaris Open Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-10-2011, 03:49 AM
  3. rxpx holes drilled, cavitation fixed
    By jasonze in forum 4-Tec Performance
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-21-2008, 08:51 AM
  4. Cavitation FIXED
    By DaveF in forum Kawasaki PWC Performance (4-stroke)
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 03-11-2007, 09:36 PM
  5. What happened to the quotes?
    By 11 in forum Sea Doo Open Discussion
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-09-2006, 10:33 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •