+1

1300r timing advance possibility?

We all know a certain vendor on here sells a timing advance key, but I have got to thinking, and I may be WAY OFF with my idea, but:
    The efi gpr's have a temp sensor in the engine bay(for fuel/timing mapping reasons).
    Could this sensor be disengaged/bypassed to fool the engine management into thinking the engine and engine intake air is wayy cooler than it really is, and consequently advance the engine timing?
    There is a engine bay temp sensor on the Kawasaki sxr stand up, and dissabling this, gives about a 4 degree of advance.
    This is common knowledge among the stock class racers.
    It's just an idea, but it may work.

well let me know cause if it does work, it will be A LOT easier than changing out the KEY!!!

i don't know if it will work cause the Kawi has a temp sensor in the hull, that is what they are jumping, not the actual motor temp sensor.

does the Yamaha motor advance timing dependant on the engine temp?? if so, then we can Jump that

wonder what the results would be if dry ice was wrapped around it for a few test runs

+1
    Could this sensor be disengaged/bypassed to fool the engine management into thinking the engine and engine intake air is wayy cooler than it really is, and consequently advance the engine timing
    Thermistors in the A.I.T. are routinely swapped in place at the connector for a resistor in car applications all the time to give a "dummy" Cold Air Intake Temp reading. From there, the ECU will now see a "Cold" temp All the time.

I would think this could easily be done too on a 13R; assuming it will not cause or compound other problems.

question: Are the 13R's speed density or mass air ?

I would assume, take out the A.I.T., introduce it (thermistor) to a cold temp such as a fridge, and obtain an OHM reading with a digital Multi-meter. From there, goto Radio Shack and get a resistor of comparable value and stick it in the connector going to the computer.

It just kills me how no on has yet to make a device/gadget/computer to change the settings on the ECU; i.e.) Hypertech, Advent, DiablO, Pro-Tec, ect......

Here is another possible thing to do, relocate the AIT to a location where it will not see as much engine bay heat. Such as near an intake hose where fresh air is coming in vs. the slightly warmer engine bay.

http://www.negative-camber.org/crispyrx7/ait.htm

Sportscar fanatics (F-body, Camaro, Firebird, LT1, LS1's) have been doing this for years, relocating the AIT closer to the outside along with a cold air box to help it read cooler temps and not as much heat soak from the cars engine.

http://home.flash.net/~lorint/lorin/fuel/ats.htm

Thread Information