Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: 4 TEC Motor Oil

Nothin' better than Doo'in it! BigDaddyRXP's Avatar
    +1

4 TEC Motor Oil

Well... it's that time of year to do a little maintenance on my RXP. Oil & filter, plugs, anti-freeze Etc. I know this has been discussed in the past... however I can't find many threads on it when searching.

Wondering what type of conventional motor oil people are running
    I want to run Castrol GTX 10w-40, but obviously don't want to cause any problems doing so! Anyone have any experience running this oil

+1
    I've been running it since the 10 hour mark on the advice of my seadoo mechanic. Changed oil again @16 hours and am now at 28 hours with no issues. I intend to switch to synthetic though. I run synthetic in everything I own including my sears lawn tractor and atv's.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddyRXP View Post
    Well... it's that time of year to do a little maintenance on my RXP. Oil & filter, plugs, anti-freeze Etc. I know this has been discussed in the past... however I can't find many threads on it when searching.

Wondering what type of conventional motor oil people are running
    I want to run Castrol GTX 10w-40, but obviously don't want to cause any problems doing so! Anyone have any experience running this oil
    If you want to run a petroleum oil use a JASO MA spec motorcycle oil. If it were my ski I would spend the extra $20+ and put the best oil I could in it. There is a big difference on what oils do well in protecting against rust and what oils do not. Most of the petroleum oils fail in protecting against rust. Look at page 20 on the attachment below on motorcycle oils. I hope this helps.

I run Motul 300V double ester full synthetic which is JASO MA certified and I will never run another oil.......I run it in my RXP, streetbike, everything......best oil I've ever used and I've tried them all

+1
    Here is a good read on the study of motorcycle oils. Oils tested for the 10w-40 are AMSOIL MCF, Bel-Ray EXS, Castrol GPS, Golden Spectro 4, Lucas High Performance Motrocycle, Maxima Maxum 4, Mobil 1 MX4T, Motul 300V Sport, Pennzoil Motorcycle, Royal Purple Max-Cycle, Torco T-4SR and Valvoline 4-Stroke. Not all oils are created equal.
    Attached Files Attached Files

how did I know that the Amsoil guy would show a test for Amsoil that rated Amsoil #1 to promote Amsoil

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by cosmic View Post
    how did I know that the Amsoil guy would show a test for Amsoil that rated Amsoil #1 to promote Amsoil

Motul is also a good oil. I am not knocking any ones oils. Just giving people the facts to be more informed that is all. This test was done by an independent lab NOT AMSOIL. These tests were also ASTM tests that anyone can pay to have done. AMSOIL did not get first place in all of the tests, other oils did better in certain areas. But as a whole correct AMSOIL was #1. Other companies can do the same test and will come up with the same results within a small % to margin. You really think AMSOIL who has been in the synthetic oil only market since 1972, would put something in writing that was bogus and could be duplicated by someone else and have any on the large oil companies come after them with a lawsuit for false advertising? No way in hell.

+1
    Well....post a test of Motul 300V against all other oils, proformed by Motul to promote their product!

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by 800AMSOIL4U View Post
    Here is a good read on the study of motorcycle oils. Oils tested for the 10w-40 are AMSOIL MCF, Bel-Ray EXS, Castrol GPS, Golden Spectro 4, Lucas High Performance Motrocycle, Maxima Maxum 4, Mobil 1 MX4T, Motul 300V Sport, Pennzoil Motorcycle, Royal Purple Max-Cycle, Torco T-4SR and Valvoline 4-Stroke. Not all oils are created equal.

I'm sure the test is legit and I've ran Amsoil and have nothing negative to say about it I just wanted to see how the amsoil guy reacted to my motul comment........thanks for the test I'm printing it out for my parts counter at work for the guys that say "$6.99 for a quart of oil, I can get it for $1.99 at Wal-Mart"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information