Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Question Air : Fuel Ratio on the hose?

Can you track your AFR while on a hose, or do you have to be in the water?

I have an Innovate LM1 gauge but don't want to fumble with it in the cold air. I figure that is going to be risky in the current temps. (I can picture my meter going for a swim.)

However, if that is where I get accurate readings, so be it.

Thanks in advance!

Heath

BLACK MAGIC HEADERS hydrojunkie's Avatar
    +1
    no YOU NEED LOAD ON THE ENGINE. EVEN IN THE WATER ON THE TRAILER WILL NOT WORK.NOT THE SAME AS RIDING ON THE LAKE

I figured that was the case. That is why this forum is so great.

thanks a lot.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by hydrojunkie View Post
    no YOU NEED LOAD ON THE ENGINE. EVEN IN THE WATER ON THE TRAILER WILL NOT WORK.NOT THE SAME AS RIDING ON THE LAKE
    +1
    you need to test for AFR at all rpm range but most importantly at WOT.
    It needs to be under load and wide open.
    In the water is the only way that is to be done.

+1

Question

Slightly different question but when testing AF at WOT do you need to be at top speed or just at WOT for a few seconds to get a reading. I guess im asking will it remain the same reading if im accelerating from nothing with the throttle pinned or going flat out?? Thanks R88

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by R88ory RXP View Post
    Slightly different question but when testing AF at WOT do you need to be at top speed or just at WOT for a few seconds to get a reading. I guess im asking will it remain the same reading if im accelerating from nothing with the throttle pinned or going flat out?? Thanks R88
    I dont see much difference in AFR from WOT at top end compared to wot under acceleration. It might lean out a few tenths once opened up at full speed but not much.
    I would think if you get to max rpm going atleast 80 % of your max speed you would have acurate readings. Obviously if can run wot then that is no brainer to get forsure accurate readings.

Those are just my findings and others may see it different.

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I dont see much difference in AFR from WOT at top end compared to wot under acceleration. It might lean out a few tenths once opened up at full speed but not much.
    I would think if you get to max rpm going atleast 80 % of your max speed you would have acurate readings. Obviously if can run wot then that is no brainer to get forsure accurate readings.

Those are just my findings and others may see it different.
    Thanks man i ask coz i run in the sea 100% and its never flat enough to go flat out with out cuming unhooked, the only place that is perfect flat is inside the harbour, so im going to have to setup in there. Only problem is it is a no wake zone so im going to have to ignore that a little. Its big enuf for me to open it right up but i wont get flat out in the area that iv got. Thanks again. R88

+1
    Thanks man i ask coz i run in the sea 100% and its never flat enough to go flat out with out cuming unhooked, the only place that is perfect flat is inside the harbour, so im going to have to setup in there. Only problem is it is a no wake zone so im going to have to ignore that a little. Its big enuf for me to open it right up but i wont get flat out in the area that iv got. Thanks again. R88
    I was pretty sure that is why you were asking from your location. T hat seems to be an issue for alot that ride in the sea.
    Once you get your boost full max your AFR want change much except might get leaner once toped out. That is what i have seen and i have had my LM-1 on my ski more then not.

Good Luck!

In West Harbor, just off lake Erie, the marked channel is no wake. Outside the channel, you can go as fast as you want. It doesn't make sense, but that's the law up here... Ron

+1
    Quote Originally Posted by skoepp View Post
    I was pretty sure that is why you were asking from your location. T hat seems to be an issue for alot that ride in the sea.
    Once you get your boost full max your AFR want change much except might get leaner once toped out. That is what i have seen and i have had more LM-1 on my ski more then not.

Good Luck!
    Nice 1 thanks skoepp. I will be testing this winter. Yeeeehaaaaa. R88

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information