Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Nice inexpensive exhaust option. Your thoughts ??

As many of you know, I got cold feet with my gibson and sold it in favor of the riva waterbox. I was about to buy one new, or possibly even buy a used rotax or gh from a GH member and then I saw this. Is anyone famiar with these guys? They are up in Ontario. They will take my oem box, turn it into a one-piece shorty and then polish it up, weld a bung on it, and send it back with a coupler for only $180. Seems like by far the best deal yet.

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/

what are your thoughts on this? im sure that people have seen this. Strangely, I have not yet heard it talked about on GH.. I found it just by googling 'RXP Waterbox'....

You can scroll to the bottom of that page and get the details about what they do and a pic of the finished product. IMO it looks the same as the riva and a better finish. i like the polished look more than the matte black. I know thats just a matter of preference but thats what turned me onto the gibson in the first place. I always like all of the piping and everything under the hood to match. thats just my thing.

Banned User
    Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    As many of you know, I got cold feet with my gibson and sold it in favor of the riva waterbox. I was about to buy one new, or possibly even buy a used rotax or gh from a GH member and then I saw this. Is anyone famiar with these guys? They are up in Ontario. They will take my oem box, turn it into a one-piece shorty and then polish it up, weld a bung on it, and send it back with a coupler for only $180. Seems like by far the best deal yet.

http://www.racetechpowersports.com/

what are your thoughts on this? im sure that people have seen this. Strangely, I have not yet heard it talked about on GH.. I found it just by googling 'RXP Waterbox'....
    You have heard about him you just are not connecting..Mark with Rotax racing in Canada..AKA Race Tech.. He does great things but I've heard bad things about his customer service.. He is very talented and one of the OG's in this business..

Quote Originally Posted by twelvesorbetter View Post
    You have not heard it talked about much here because "race tech" is a very touchy subject for a lot of people here. Race tech is owned and operated by mark underwood, you may have heard that name here a few times.

you know what, ill be honest. I tend to stay out of gossip threads... I dont pay much attention to it. I might have heard something here or there in passing but paid no mind to it.

People talk ALL the time on here about exhaust options for the RXP and its always the same talk, GH box, Riva, Gibson. I have NEVER heard this come up. This looks like a fantastic deal. Thats why I posted it.

After you mentioned it,
    I did a GH search of "mark underwood" and got lots of related threads. Seems like there are a lot of negative threads/comments regarding him and race-tech. several of the threads had to be locked due to some pretty intense feelings towards the dude...
    I dont know...
    O well.

+1
    If you dont want to buy a gibson, or this race tech box, then you have a few more options.
    You can go with your stock water box (gutted or not) with riva thru pipe or pirahna pipe, or find you a GH box, buy a riva, or contact TDR and they can build you a box for a nice price for your RXP.

Someone I know and have bought from before has a rotax box at a reasonable price. Hes taking his time about getting back to me but thats likely the route im going to take. Either than or the race-tech option. After posting, there were about a half-dozen people who Pm'd me and spoke to his credit.. so I dunno.
    If neither of those two options work out, theres the riva box to fall back on. I think im good honestly. I know I hemmed and hawed about it for a while, but I think im in good shape. I only posted this because it seemed like a great deal and I had not seen or heard of it before now. I wanted to show/share/inquire/etc.

i know mitch411 deals with mark and never had any problems i;ve gotten several things from mark through mitch and i'm happy with the service and product, he's also a very good tuner.

thats cool. I try not to follow gossip threads and let my own experiences or the experiences of people who I know very closely and trust determine my opinion of an individual. Ive been selling online, ebay, message boards, etc for a decade. One thing Ive learned is that you cannot please everyone. On ebay ive got 2200 + feedbacks and 5 negatives. Im sure those five people will say that im a terrible seller. If all five of them posted on this site, my reputation [here] would be ruined. Obviously, by ratio 5/2200 is pretty darn good. If hes got a handful of disappointed customers, im sure its inevitable.

Anyway,

Lets not turn this thread into a thread about his reputation. when I searched for info on race-tech, I found several locked threads. I dont want to piss anyone off and I dont want this to become one of them.

Lets keep it on topic. I think this is a great deal. If the rotax box doesnt work out, and im not hearing back fom the seller.. then I may go for it. Its half the cost of the Riva.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information